How did you choose your forum avatar?

How did you choose your forum avatar?

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:09 am

If you don't have a forum avatar and want to explain why you don't thats fine too but I figured it might be interesting to hear people's thought processes on determining which 6kb or less image would represent them on this board. Anyone thats followed my posts since this forum went up has probably noticed I've been changing my avatar constantly, not really satisfied with any of them as the 6kb restriction has made it difficult to produce anything that doesn't look extremely fuzzy/garbled.

Recently one of my friends told me he was sick of seeing it continually changing so I needed to just pick one and stick with it. He also said he felt the female avatars represented me better (probably cause he's used to me using them on other forums) so I should choose a female one. And so I actually went back to my initial avatar I had made only I cleaned the background and reduced the size a little to allow me to save it in a slightly higher resolution. I chose it because it was from an Alteil card and I wanted it to be Alteil themed, she looks kind of quiet and wise which I think represents me well (though there are those who would argue that neither of those describes me), and she appears to be a half elf-angel warrior maid, how cool is that?

Long term I'd prefer to use fan art of an Ateil card, perhaps I'll ask my girl friend if she'll draw something for me since I'm not very artistically gifted, but for now since this is from the Japanese sets and won't be out for some time I think it works well enough.

So thats my story, whats yours, why did you choose the forum avatar that you did?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: How did you choose your forum avatar?

Postby Grain » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:12 am

I really wanted a chinese character.

It matches my name, yay!

-Grain
Last edited by Grain on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grain

Postby Grain » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 am

DanTheTimid wrote:If you don't have a forum avatar and want to explain why you don't thats fine too but I figured it might be interesting to hear people's thought processes on determining which 6kb or less image would represent them on this board. Anyone thats followed my posts since this forum went up has probably noticed I've been changing my avatar constantly, not really satisfied with any of them as the 6kb restriction has made it difficult to produce anything that doesn't look extremely fuzzy/garbled.

Recently one of my friends told me he was sick of seeing it continually changing so I needed to just pick one and stick with it. He also said he felt the female avatars represented me better (probably cause he's used to me using them on other forums) so I should choose a female one. And so I actually went back to my initial avatar I had made only I cleaned the background and reduced the size a little to allow me to save it in a slightly higher resolution. I chose it because it was from an Alteil card and I wanted it to be Alteil themed, she looks kind of quiet and wise which I think represents me well (though there are those who would argue that neither of those describes me), and she appears to be a half elf-angel warrior maid, how cool is that?

Long term I'd prefer to use fan art of an Ateil card, perhaps I'll ask my girl friend if she'll draw something for me since I'm not very artistically gifted, but for now since this is from the Japanese sets and won't be out for some time I think it works well enough.

So thats my story, whats yours, why did you choose the forum avatar that you did?

You seem to have a habit of making long winded posts.

They relax me.

-Grain
Grain

Postby Cyd » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:46 am

Hm... well, there isn't really a story behind my avatar. I've been using this at about every forum I visit lately :P
I like it because it's not too serious, and black/white images are small, which is just what I needed for this forum >_>

Oh, and a tip for anyone trying to get their images low kilobytes.. Save it with paint.. Using photoshop I couldn't get my picture under 10 KB at size 50x50 even on the lowest quality o_o

@grain: dunno if this helps: http://www.jp41.com/custom-kanji/?t=%E7%A9%80&keywords=cereals-grain
Cyd

Postby Grain » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Thank you very much.

-Grain
Last edited by Grain on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby Kchark » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:22 pm

I made this avatar from a backup story in a Franklin Richards comic book! I scanned it in and formatted it for the forum. I just love the way the cute little Hulk looks. :)
Kchark

Postby erestor » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:42 pm

i chose the one i did because it was the only one i can get to fit that accually looks good
i have some more on an ext. hard drive but i have seemed to have misplaced that
i know how can you lose a humongous white thing
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby MarcosSama » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Mine is the interpretation of Lucifer from Persona 3. I chose it because, well, he is an awesome persona with awesome attacks and he just looks cool.
MarcosSama

Postby Grain » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 pm

marcos_sama wrote:Mine is the interpretation of Lucifer from Persona 3. I chose it because, well, he is an awesome persona with awesome attacks and he just looks cool.

Your avatar is cool, but your name is super cocky!

-Grain
Grain

Postby GunCastor » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Persona 3 and it's FES expansion was the last game I really REALLY got in to. To be honest, I haven't really liked a game that much in a very long time before that. So I looked for a screenshot and took the main character's head on the status part of the battle screen. I still had to save it on a very low resolution so it's a bit fuzzy but with such a low filesize to work with, it's the best I could come up with for now.
GunCastor

Next

Return to General Off Topic