How did you choose your forum avatar?

Re: How did you choose your forum avatar?

Postby MarcosSama » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Grain wrote:
marcos_sama wrote:Mine is the interpretation of Lucifer from Persona 3. I chose it because, well, he is an awesome persona with awesome attacks and he just looks cool.

Your avatar is cool, but your name is super cocky!

-Grain

It is not cocky! It is just right. :lol:
MarcosSama

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:04 pm

marcos_sama wrote:It is not cocky! It is just right. :lol:

Well I'm not exactly a master of the Japanese language and culture so I can't say for sure how referring to yourself with the -sama honorific actually is looked upon but I do know that the -sama honorific is used primarily in addressing persons much higher in rank than oneself, so it would seem by giving yourself the -sama honorific that your declaring that you are better then us. Or to put it another way, it would seem that your being cocky.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby MarcosSama » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:34 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Well I'm not exactly a master of the Japanese language and culture so I can't say for sure how referring to yourself with the -sama honorific actually is looked upon but I do know that the -sama honorific is used primarily in addressing persons much higher in rank than oneself, so it would seem by giving yourself the -sama honorific that your declaring that you are better then us. Or to put it another way, it would seem that your being cocky.

I know what the -sama honorific is used for. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I didn't mean anything by it, I just did it for fun.
MarcosSama

Postby bahka » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Anyhoo, my avatar is almost always dragoon related, or more specifically, kain from final fantasy 2/4.
bahka

Postby Chronomaster » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:59 am

My avatar should be obvious. I made it for Pojo, and tweaked it for here. As you can see, there's no real noticeable difference in quality (Dan frequently questions just how I pulled this off), and it looks kinda stylistic fitting the border on there.

So, yeah.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby erestor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:31 am

my new avatar is of the card 花女 from the starter deck on the japanese version
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby lupos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Some years ago I ran out of money for college and had to quit after 2.5 years and get a "real job". A friend hooked me up with a glorified data entry thing at an egg factory... yup. So, I sat at a computer and did a job for ten hours a day that I was painfuly over qualified for. It only took me about 3 hours to do my daily work. The other 7? I brought in some roms from home to play, but that was tricky, and painful with a keyboard. The rest of the time... ms paint. When I used to spend all my time on the SPOnG.com forum I wanted to make an avatar that expressed my gaming taste. Master Chief dressed as Mario was perfect, as I'm not a playstation fan. I own a ps3... it's dustier than the wii. God help me if the xbox breaks. Thankfuly I've got Alteil to play. ;)

So anyway, made it. just painted on a pic of MC. Was all I could do to stay sane. You ever count eggs? Not fun... :shock:
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Allied » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:52 am

Sorry dan skiped out on reading your post, To late and tried
I just really love the show Code Geass thats why i picked mine
Allied

Postby Xifax » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:13 pm

With all the wonderful art already done for Alteil I wanted to use one of the cards for my avatar. I poked around through some of the directories and stumbled upon this Christmas version of an Alteil card which I really like. When I get some more free time I intend to prowl the Japanese card database for a more suitable Falkow card.
Alpha #67
;a38
Xifax

Postby Yurie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Actually, I just designed this avatar. It came from the Alpha testing, when we were all in the chat while trying to load the game. I began to address the others as the "Fellow Alpha Numbers". It just sort of stuck. I actually intend to make a guild for the members of the Alpha test. Hence, the Alpha Number avatar, with all four colors, the # sign, and the letter alpha.
Alpha #453 ;a41
Yurie

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic