I like Kittens

I like Kittens

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:15 pm

Ok let me start by saying I'm not usually the type to post such completely random topics as this one is, but eh, this is the off topic board, and it was inspired by a conversation that was loosely related to alteil.

Basically I was talking with a friend about the fact that often through the years when I've posted opinions on things on card game boards, no matter how sure I am that people will be agreeing with me, it seems the vast majority of replies are all people arguing the contrary of whatever opinion I've expressed. I stated that I bet if I posted even something as hard to find fault with as "I like kittens" that the topic would devolve into one big kitten bashing fest where people expressed why they didn't like kittens. He told me to do it. I laughed. He told me, no really, do it, post it.

And so here we are.

Completely random, yes, but it doesn't appear to be against the forum rules.

So yeah, I like kittens, even in spite of the fact I'm allergic to cats. What can I say, they're cute.

What do you all think about kittens?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: I like Kittens

Postby Grain » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Good eatin'!

-Grain
Grain

Postby Exanthem » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:39 pm

This is the internet, people love to be contrary and argue. There's no accountability so bashing another person's opinion has no consequences and thus people will do it as often as possible. Plus, you don't really remember the people who just agree with you or add small bits of extra information. In order to stand out you have to state your own original point.

As for kittens.....actually...I hate cats. I'm much more of a dog person.
Exanthem

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Kitten Pie was an interesting concept such as the Kitten Juggling seen in many movies.

Seriously juggling kittens is like juggling furry, purring death machines!
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Chronomaster » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 pm

You ruin the test by exposing the pretense behind the test.

But I guess I'll participate. I like cats over dogs. They tend to be cleaner and cuddlier (my sister's cat absolutely loved me to an almost annoying degree). I like ferrets more than cats though, because they're the perfect utility pet and are an absolute joy.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 pm

But by exposing it I left the door open for people to be just really over the top crazy in their responses... or atleast thats what I had hoped for. I'm not sure if people talking about how much they like to eat kittens really is contrary to my saying I like kittens, after all if you like to eat them you like them too, just not as pets.

For the record my favorite animal is actually the bunny rabbit and my favorite pet is actually a dog, not a cat. Aside from being allergic to cats, I just find dogs to, on average, be more friendly and loyal. In my experience most cats are very self centered and while not always the case I find they tend to only let you interact with them when they are the ones in the mood for interacting as opposed to most dogs who are just happy for attention any time from anyone, but especially from their loved ones.

I've never owned a cat, only many different breeds of dogs, but my g/f owns several cats and its taken me time to adjust to the fact that I can't just go over and pet them or play with them whenever I want, I have to wait for them to come to me or they either get agitated or run away. Once they come to me on their own however I admit they are very affectionate.

I do however give cats credit for always being so clean as opposed to dogs who are almost constantly covered in filth.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby conco » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Dogs>Cats

Kittens~Puppies
Alpha #364
conco

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Chameleon>Dogs
Kittens=Puppies
Cats=Dogs
Ferrets/ Ermine= the awesome
Foxes= Crazily cool and wish I could have one...
I also would like a penguin too... >,>
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Grain » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Kittens, dogs, puppies, cats, ferrets, it doesn't matter.

They're all good with some hot sauce!

-Grain
Grain

Postby conco » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Ah but not if you're a vegetarian. :P
Alpha #364
conco

Next

Return to General Off Topic