My Farewell Address

Re: My Farewell Address

Postby InigoMontoya » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 am

Angel, I don't know if you've seen The Social Network, but it's worth watching. In it, Mark Zuckerberg is great at what he does, but not so good with people. There's a brilliant scene in the beginning where he is out on a date and it doesn't go so well. I can just imagine you witnessing their interaction then telling the girl that she needs to get a thicker skin. LOL! :lol: Good luck with that approach!
InigoMontoya

Postby mightbegod » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am

Bye Pancakes.

To be fair, I didn't really hate you. I merely found you irritating, like a mosquito. It isn't that I want you to die, I just swat at you because I don't want you buzzing in my ear.

I'm sure some people will miss you, but I say good riddance! :D
mightbegod

Postby Romdeau » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:21 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Angel, I don't know if you've seen The Social Network, but it's worth watching. In it, Mark Zuckerberg is great at what he does, but not so good with people. There's a brilliant scene in the beginning where he is out on a date and it doesn't go so well. I can just imagine you witnessing their interaction then telling the girl that she needs to get a thicker skin. LOL! :lol: Good luck with that approach!

The validity of that movie is questionable, for the record.
Romdeau

Postby InigoMontoya » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Romdeau wrote:The validity of that movie is questionable, for the record.

No question. :)

Still, if someone is that arrogant and treats others so disrespectfully, it matters very little if what they are saying is actually correct. That first scene conveys that idea pretty well.
InigoMontoya

Postby TemRa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm

I like how Angel pulled a Fox "News" and toootally tried to avoid what I told him. Sure he hinted at one or 2 topics (I'm leaning towards one) but for the most part it was still filled with filler content and had statements that literally did not make his argument any stronger or weaker.
All that was missing was him going "the Alteil community is not stupid"
XD

also thumbs up to Inigo's comment =3
TemRa

Postby Kemious » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:25 pm

@Temra: Really your going after the simple fact he mention he was a mod on another forum. It was intended to be used a reference of sorts. Mods tend to deal with the ruder members of any fourm so he was merely stating that he has seen worse. The net and its users care more about a message being received rather than saying it in an easy to stomach manner. And while you may attract more flies with honey than vinegar, You can catch more people's attention by yelling instead of speaking normally.
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby rsvlito » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Kemious wrote:@Temra: Really your going after the simple fact he mention he was a mod on another forum. It was intended to be used a reference of sorts. Mods tend to deal with the ruder members of any fourm so he was merely stating that he has seen worse. The net and its users care more about a message being received rather than saying it in an easy to stomach manner. And while you may attract more flies with honey than vinegar, You can catch more people's attention by yelling instead of speaking normally.

Yes you catch more attention by yelling in the forums. As I stated before, I never had a problem with cakes in the forums. I do have a problem with his in-game chat bs. Trash talking in chat because I chose to play certain cards is bs and therefore lost my respect for him. I can respect a person for wanting balance but I also respect a person for wanting to win. That is why I never trashed talked any Primcloner ever. That is why I treat him the way I do. You can excuse his forum etiquette but not his raging chat ramblings (of course you can if you want to, since I can care less...)
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

Postby fargone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Ditto wrote:This man has got the point. Btw thanks for the other day angel...you're probably the only one out of many vet players in folrart who doesn't feel the need to unleash 9000+powerlevel supermeta every time they see lv20 noob using starter deck just to prove that they can...though I think that I'll take a nice,long break from the game since I find the current state of this game I'm in somewhat un..incentive.

Yes, that's right. Everybody sees they have a match with a level 20 noob, then (magically) they change their deck after gaem start to a meta file. They do this to pick on you and make you feel bad. They certainly don't already have the file loaded and ready to play someone of a higher calibre than yourself.

Bye 'Cake's... Bye (waves hand).
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ditto » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 pm

fargone wrote:
Ditto wrote:This man has got the point. Btw thanks for the other day angel...you're probably the only one out of many vet players in folrart who doesn't feel the need to unleash 9000+powerlevel supermeta every time they see lv20 noob using starter deck just to prove that they can...though I think that I'll take a nice,long break from the game since I find the current state of this game I'm in somewhat un..incentive.

Yes, that's right. Everybody sees they have a match with a level 20 noob, then (magically) they change their deck after gaem start to a meta file. They do this to pick on you and make you feel bad. They certainly don't already have the file loaded and ready to play someone of a higher calibre than yourself.

I think you just kinda got lost from the intended message... I'm sure you'd find it if you look harder somewhere between the line.
Ditto

Postby azurewrath » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 pm

No worries, the cakes was back in action today! So, the cake must have really been a lie~~~
azurewrath

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic