Introduce yourself here!

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 am

Rom, watching that anime made my IQ drop. And it wasn't that high to begin with. And it wasn't as pleasant as when Azumanga or Cromartie did it. Mostly because those were funny, and this is FANSERVICE/PANTY/FETISH ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION!

It's a good name though. And I guess you can kind of appreciate it like a B-movie or something.
LoneKnight

Postby Arakis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 am

Heh... I translate Ikki Tousen for Media Blasters. Or at least, I've been working on it since partway through Dragon Destiny. True, it's mindless fan service much of the time. But there is a Romance of the Three Kingdoms-inspired plot going on underneath it, and I've seen (and worked on) worse bastardizations (I mean, interpretations) of that story than this one.

Also, "ikki tousen" can be used generically to describe a warrior who can fight with the strength of a thousand, or who can stand alone against a thousand opponents. Anime references aside, it's a pretty cool name.
Arakis

Postby ikkitousen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am

Let me get this straight, You are one of the translators for Ikki Tousen? You work for media Blasters? OMG a living breathing idol. I am in Awe in your presence. And there is no sarcasm in this post.
Never Knows Best -- FLCL
ikkitousen

Postby Arakis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks. I was already translating for MB before Alteil, which is how I got involved with the game.

The first season of Ikki was of course a Funimation license, so I had no involvement there. Another MB translator began working on DD, but then I took over at about episode 5. I'm currently working on GG, which is a source of amusement for me given what that acronym much more commonly means in the Alteil community.
Arakis

Postby ikkitousen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 pm

very funny. I have a weird if maybe rude question to ask. I am trying to look into voice acting for anime. do you have any advice?
Never Knows Best -- FLCL
ikkitousen

Postby Spears » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 pm

can you say "..."
Spears

Postby Arakis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm

I can only offer general advice that I've heard from other sources. The two big things that stand out in my memory are, become a regular actor first, as it's easier to get into it from that route. Also, networking networking networking. For that matter, that one pretty much applies to any job.
Arakis

Postby ikkitousen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:07 pm

thanks. Belive it or not that actually helps out a lot.
Never Knows Best -- FLCL
ikkitousen

Postby fargone » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 am

Spears wrote:can you say "..."

I can ...

but not out loud
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Helaine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 am

Erm, I think I'm quitting this game.

Winter holiday almost over, need to concentrate more on studies and it seems like I lost interest playing this game :/ even 5/7 didnt get my spirit up :<

sooo... nice meeting you all! May lotto god bless you all XD
Helaine

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic