Introduce yourself here!

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby nduns » Fri May 08, 2009 9:22 am

Hi, I'm Neil. I found out about this site by a random ad for it on fanboys online. I hope to enjoy my experience here. So far, I'm finding it very hard to get an opponent. (Seriously, it says rooms have, like, more than 13 members and I only see 4 battles available and the random battle thing doesn't seem to do much. I must be doing something wrong)
nduns

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:59 pm

nduns wrote:Hi, I'm Neil. I found out about this site by a random ad for it on fanboys online. I hope to enjoy my experience here. So far, I'm finding it very hard to get an opponent. (Seriously, it says rooms have, like, more than 13 members and I only see 4 battles available and the random battle thing doesn't seem to do much. I must be doing something wrong)

Hey, that's the ad that brought me here too!

You must be on at a non-active part of the day. Maybe, if you can, try at a different time?

Welcome to the game ^^
luckysvn777

Postby Avraxis » Sat May 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Hello, I'm Avraxis (real name: Chris) and I'm from Poland. I've been playing for around a week or so, started with Falkow and currently cursing the fact that there's no option to buy gran via SMS (that's the only real method of paying that's available to me at the moment). Currently I'm playing Falkow modified with some Gowen cards I obtained in lottery, but it's nothing competitive as I have no possibility to get more gran than in Mirage Master). I have a Gowen deck in my mind (but not rush), however terrible shortage of cards prevent me from testing it.

Anyway, my CCG bacground is MtG, WarCry (third place in the World Championships 2005 was something I will probably never repeat in any game; Warcry was such an awesome game, too bad it's dead now - ah, memories :P ), I played Call of Cthulhu a bit (it's a good game too), among online CCGs - Urban Rivals which absorbed me for a while, but I was charmed by Alteil much more than by UR.

I love Alteil and I hope it will get more attention. I really hope that it will get much more players that it has now, the game deserves it.

What else can I write about me... I'm not much of a talkative guy, especially when it comes to talk about myself. I am an english philology student. I like reading books, good books to be specific - i'm very picky about that. Generally I like fantasy and sci-fi. I write a bit, I love music, movies, CCGs etc. I hate cigarettes, hateful people, Guardian decks ( :P ).
I hope to have a good time with Alteil and with you, of course. :)
Artist wrote:CURSE YOU WHO TALKS WELL! CURSES!

qft
Avraxis

Postby Electriclynx » Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 am

Hi there! I've lurked the forums quite long enough without so much as a peep and it's time for a change of pace. This seems like an appropriate starting place. It has been fun playing with you all over the past couple of weeks.

I've gamed as far back as I have memories, starting with Super Mario Brothers way back on the NES. My hobbies have expanded since then, pushing out into writing, comedy (I devour all the standup I can get my hands on), mathematics, and any number of nerdy and questionably useful pursuits.

I stumbled onto this game near the end of a slowly dying Megaman 9 speedrun obsession. The slow death was fiercely and mercilessly cut short as I found myself pulled in deeper and deeper here. I've always adored this sort of game, evidenced by boxes of MTG and decks with such nostalgic value that they'll never ever be disassembled, so once I get a little more used to the mechanics here I'll be right at home.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who can think binarily and those who can't.
Electriclynx

Postby lupos » Mon May 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Electriclynx wrote:I've always adored this sort of game, evidenced by boxes of MTG and decks with such nostalgic value that they'll never ever be disassembled, so once I get a little more used to the mechanics here I'll be right at home.

Sounds like you'll be right at home. Welcome aboard :)
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Rebaillion » Wed May 20, 2009 7:23 pm

*A very scared newbie holds up a sign from under a rock which says "Greetings"*

It's pretty much my first attempt at anything like this online. So I am extrememly nervous. Especially as I deliberately picked the hard route for myself because for some unknown reason the other starting options didn't appeal to me.. or rather appealed to me less than Refess. I'm certain I will regret this down the road.

I've played a bit of MTG (mainly White because I could never get a Cats deck to work); a bit of L5R (Scorpion and Lion Clans); and nearly a year of the dreaded YuGiOh where I delighted in making wierd decks that never stood a chance in competition eg. My Ballad of Saint Joan Deck.

Perhaps once I take my first tentative steps to my first experience of being utterly trounced I will be less jittery.

For now I look forward to learning lots.... I hope.

Greetings to you all
Rebaillion

Postby Sumiko » Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Somebody is happy.

Hello, I'm Sumiko. Years ago I managed to play the japanese version of the game (of which then I wasn't lucky enough to understand anything). I eventually lost the link.

Today, I found there was "this server", and decided to check up a little on memories.

Overall, I'm an uber TCGames fan. In reality, I play yugioh, and as well would like to be able to play Duel Masters. In lifetime, borendom got me to think several TCG systems and bla bla bla tech girl bla bla bla.

That's me.
Casual Player logged in.
Sumiko

Postby Eladin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:12 am

Hi!
I'm relatively new to the site/game. Whenever I'm actually playing though, it never seems like there's that many people on, is this game losing its American following, or what?
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Zanador » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 am

Eladin wrote:Hi!
I'm relatively new to the site/game. Whenever I'm actually playing though, it never seems like there's that many people on, is this game losing its American following, or what?

I wouldnt say that. Most players are casual players, which means they play 2-3 games a day, and most likely not everyday, then they log out. Thats about 20min-1hour spent ingame, contrary to mmorpgs, where players spend much more hours online each day. By my rough calculations Alteil need at least ten times as many active players to maintain the ~100 online than an mmorpg would.

(uh, right, i should write something about myself here too.. well, a bit later maybe)
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby neviscus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:18 pm

lets see, I started about a month or two ago, (I am a casual player)

Me and my brother found this because we play yu-gi-oh, and a link to this site was on a proboard site we made.
I am 18, I love tcg, and rpgs, If you need to know anything else, either I will tell you, or call you a stalker depending on what you want to know
neviscus

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic