Why is your signature your signature?

Why is your signature your signature?

Postby Chronomaster » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:11 pm

I figured we might as well come full circle.

So my signature is as it is because it goes TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU TAKAKU.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Re: Why is your signature your signature?

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 pm

If I didn't know better I'd say this post is an attempt at satire, intended to poke fun at my "avatar" and "user name" posts. Actually because I do know you I do know better and know thats most likely exactly what it is.

However since I'm here, my current signature is just a quote you (chrono) posted in response to me in another thread that I found humorous, particularly when taken out of context. I'm not a huge fan of signatures so I may just remove it in the future, or replace it when I see some one else say something humorous. If I ever create/join a guild and we have some sort of guild sign I suppose I'd use it there instead of my current quote as well.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Because my WoW signature is a bit too opinionated for this forum.

-Grain
Grain

Postby Awod » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Eva rocks, nuff' said. :P

Seriously though, I'm a huge Negima fan and Eva is one of the most unique and intriguing characters anyways I won't go in-depth but to anyone who has read Negima I'm sure they'll understand.

As for the kanji part refer to
annathered wrote:
Awod wrote:How about..

世界の違いを

It's what google gave me for "A World of Difference" It's essentially what the name I use used to mean but nowadays when I call myself Awod it's just a name and I attach no meaning to it since i've used it for so long.

Naturally I would feel more confident if someone who knew Japanese read that.. Online translations aren't really truth worthy..

Hello AnnaTheRed here,,, maybe I can help!

世界の違い sounds more like "difference of worlds" but not "a world of difference."
(The expression doesn't work quite the same way in Japanese.)

"A world of difference" in Japanese would be,,,  

雲泥の差 (うんでいのさ in Hiragana. The pronunciation is something like "un dei no sa" or "oondaynosa")

It literally means "different like cloud and mud" (雲=cloud, 泥=mud, 差=difference)

A bit poetic, no?

Feel free to PM me if you have more Japanese questions!

じゃあね~

;a40

It was during the thread about Guilds when discussing possible names people like and what not.
Basically using it as a reminder of a possible name and if nothing else a neat phase that few people will actually be able to read. :P

-- and thanks Anna, it's appreciated.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby GunCastor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:46 am

Evangeline is indeed very awesome. Maybe I should use my old Negima banner too, it's one with Yue on it. For anyone who wants to get in to Negima, I would recommend avoiding all the anime and keeping to the manga.

Why is my signature blank? I'm not sure as to my restrictions on a signature yet, that's the main reason. I assume the file size will have to be kinda small too as the avatars have to be small. But I usually like to make it, most likely using pictures from whatever anime/video game that I currently like or looking forward to. Maybe I'll make an Alteil one and use it on other forums, while I use another banner here. Decisions...decisions...
GunCastor

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:55 pm

My signature is just stating my Alpha number and such and then the little adoptable thing I found on PokePlushies and just waiting to see what random Pocket Monster I get.

Otherwise I'm waiting for someone to say something funny so I can quote it. And same as Dan, I may put my guild symbol in my signature if I join one.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby erestor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:54 am

mine is my alpha stuff
and i stole dan's idea for the signature
kyoshi said it in dan's i love kittens forum
thinks again kyoshi for allowing me to use it

Kyoshi wrote:Otherwise I'm waiting for someone to say something funny so I can quote it. And same as Dan, I may put my guild symbol in my signature if I join one.

i did it too he he aint we a pair
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Ethelif » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:04 am

>_<

No real reason behind my sig other then I like the idea of letting other people know what ive been reading and watching anime wise. ^^
Ethelif

Postby Raeith » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 pm

Kudos to people that know the quote my sig is using!

For those that don't, it's from a game called "Breath Of Fire III", a old school PSX (PS1) RPG!
Protect our forests!
Don't kick, punch, bite or hurt the trees!
Raeith

Postby hickwarrior » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:38 am

I got my sig because i liked the sig itself. I found it on the internet, and liked it. So someone on the internet plastered my name onto it and now it's my sig of sorts. I'm using it for most everything, it seems. Well, most every forums, that is.

This one was made when a game I wanted try out came out. And the only good image was that girl. Go figure >>
hickwarrior

Next

Return to General Off Topic