The VP Debate

The VP Debate

Postby djkz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Just wanted to see if any one else here watched the debate tonight ( I know its going on right now as i post this). Who do u guys think is winning/ won the debate? Sofar palin to me has only talked about her state Alaska im sick of it so what do u guys think?
djkz

Re: The VP Debate

Postby EvilGenius » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:58 am

Palin can go on a flying leap off her Bridge to Nowhere for all I care.
EvilGenius

Postby erestor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:45 am

well both vp canidates can go on a flying leap. who cares about the vp. we are electing the president not the vp. all the vp does it sit and wait for the president to die. but i guess in mcain's case he is gonna croke after a couple years...crazy old geezer. i say we go back to the way it used to be for the first four elections and the vp is the loser, then it is a nice consolation prize.
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby lupos » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 am

Though a bit drastic I kind of like erestors idea. Its a bit Lincolnish in concept as he was big on surrounding him self with people who held opposing views. Though it would increase the temptation for assassination, which concerns me. As for not caring about the VP, they do have the tie breaker vote in the senate which doesn't come up often but is kind of a big deal. Least it could be.

On the debate it self I think Biden easily "won." I was disappointed that Palin didn't do anything horribly stupid though. I was mostly watching for the entertainment.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Chronomaster » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:02 pm

The act of Biden shedding a man-tear firmly secured his campaign.

That is all.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Early on when there were still ALOT of candidates I took a test where you stated your opinions on like 20 or so key areas each candidate had a stance on, then it showed you which candidates shared your opinions best and which shared them worst. At the bottom of my list for sharing the least opinions with me was Obama, followed by Hilary, and shortly thearafter by McCain. To put it simply, everyone who shared my opinions, and there were several who did, has already been eliminated from the running. McCain scored slightly higher then Obama for me, but overal both of them differed so strongly on almost all of my stances I can't really justify myself voting for either of them. I watched a little bit of the presidential debates and continued to feel the same way, I'm not going to be happy regardless of who wins if these are my only two choices. I didn't even watch the VP debate since I've pretty much lost interest at this point, but I suppose I probably should have if only to see what Palin had to say since its not to far of a long shot that she could end up taking over after McCain dies of old age in office. Biden, however, I really don't see having any sort of notable impact to justify my attention.

Incidentally, although he was no longer in the running when I took the test and thus not listed in my results, my younger sister took a similar test a few weeks before I did when he was still in the running and her results showed the candidate whose stances she most agreed with was Steven Colbert.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 pm

I am in a similar boat as dan. I feel that neither candidate will do anything noticably beneficial and they are the ones most supported by the party bosses that dictate how the voting lines are ususally drawn without considerations towards lobbyists or other outside influences. Of course I haven't liked any of the candidates for the past 6 elections, so i suppose i am in the minority. However, juding from the position the country is currently in, i think that all of them had some failings that were not corrected by subsequent elected officials. Although not one single person can cause change alone, only help to influence things and this includes the president. So, even when attempting to judge or place blame as it were, it is important to note what everyone else did as well and how it all contributed to the big picture. Many people fail to realize this unfortunately and tend to only praise or critisize the single person in the "spotlight" which is commonly the president.
Phades

Postby erestor » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:27 am

Phades wrote:. So, even when attempting to judge or place blame as it were, it is important to note what everyone else did as well and how it all contributed to the big picture. Many people fail to realize this unfortunately and tend to only praise or critisize the single person in the "spotlight" which is commonly the president.

well said phades
there is a reason that we have the government we do; and by that i mean the three branches. no one person should be to blame, if the president wants a tax increase the house and the senate both have to pass it. also the reason the government seems so horrible is because everyone watches the news and gets the info about certain things from them. also, no one takes an active role in policy making anymore. when we elect our representative dont just elect them because of party lines but because you believe they will be your voice. and write to your representative and tell him/her what you want. the more people do this the better off we will be. of the people; by the people; for the people.....hiiiiyaaa

side note: dan if that website for the test is still up can you forward it to me
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Return to General Off Topic