Alteil Ventrilo Server

Alteil Ventrilo Server

Postby chiyeung » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey guys! I got a ventrilo server :D What is ventrilo? It is a Voice over ip program! IT is free to use :D
I dedicated a part of my server for alteil! So if you want to come in and chat here is my information

ip: vent58.light-speed.com
port : 5377
chiyeung

Re: Alteil Ventrilo Server

Postby Phades » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:51 pm

That is rather generous of you, but it might be a good idea to lay out some basic ground rules for anyone entering it like foul language etc. I say this because sometimes "common sense" isn't that common and some people could abuse what you are taking the time to setup for everyone to enjoy. Of course, it might not matter in the end, since not everyone would be willing or able to use it due to the microphone requirements and setup of vent.

Vent has good options, but i've personally had a preference towards teamspeak. I almost always had issues with getting the mic recognition right in vent, in addition to trying to work around the voice "clicks" (Yeah i know that is a disable-able feature, but the settings didnt always take for some reason). However, the push to talk funtionality is basically the same, but able to have better sound quality (depending on the server setup and connection) when compared to teamspeak.
Phades

Postby SadistOkita » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:09 am

Nice of you.
But i honestly don't see any real use for this.
SadistOkita

Postby Grain » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Nice of you.
Grain

Postby AnnaTheRed » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Hey chiyeung

Phades has a good point about setting basic ground rules for using a system like this.
While we want to believe that everyone who plays Alteil is friendly and mature, that's not always true.
But some Alteil staffs did mention that audio chat might help us teach newbies easier and better, but we don't know if we'll implement such a feature at this point. (How-to video is probably more effective)
Anyway, we appreciate your enthusiasm for Alteil, and hope it works out.

Grain,
Did you mean to comment on this thread but accidentally didn't write anything? or did you re-post SadistOkita's comment as your comment?
If it's the latter, I strongly advise you not to do this. It seems pretty rude to the original poster.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Romdeau » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Knowing Grain, it was probably the latter.
Romdeau

Postby Grain » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 am

AnnaTheRed wrote:Grain,
Did you mean to comment on this thread but accidentally didn't write anything? or did you re-post SadistOkita's comment as your comment?
If it's the latter, I strongly advise you not to do this. It seems pretty rude to the original poster.

AnnaTheRed
;a40

I apologize.

I won't in the future.
Grain

Postby Chronomaster » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Grain wrote:
Nice of you.

Is mostly done just to save time and fire of a quick comment that someone has already covered. The equivalent of rallying under a banner that someone else raised.

There's really no need for a Vent server just for Alteil. I assume there's more to it than just that.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Chronomaster wrote:Is mostly done just to save time and fire of a quick comment that someone has already covered. The equivalent of rallying under a banner that someone else raised.

Yes, I know. ;)
Still, not necessary in this case.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Return to General Off Topic