Practice ny

Re: Practice ny

Postby psylensse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:11 pm

that would be amazing Gon! hope it happens! also very excited about Logress' last comment. there just has to be better ways to help out the newer group of players. I was thinking on it this morning and how A) increasing training is a must; and B) hardy anyone is in the training arena. but there's always players in Crest. what if level 15+ players could play in Crest, but for no or very little gain? ie. for pretty much no other reason than to train others? anyway definitely looking forward to what's to come
Phellitiest (spambot) wrote:My personal relative delights in frogs.
psylensse

Postby fargone » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Sigh...

Having shopping events each week but continuing to charge like a wounded bull is not actually addressing anything and will yield little to no results. It shouldn't take much consultation to work that out.

There is a percentage of people who are likely to never work the game out and leave. What are you doing to maintain the ones the do work it out?

Oh.. they get scared off by the prices...

I am dumbfounded at the fact this data is ignored. I am even more concerned at the fact that some people might even consider that the exhorbitant costs of playing are NOT having an impact player numbers. \

In the end, people are going to want to buy some cards because the game really is that good. Sadly the game really IS that expensive as well.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Well fargone how about you give a list of practical suggestions they could do besides "lower the cost"
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Teru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Everything in here.

And while we're on that topic, I've had so many suggestions in the past, but I don't even bother posting them anymore because nothing ever changes.
I'm totally being too pessimistic about this.
Teru

Postby Savin877 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well fargone how about you give a list of practical suggestions they could do besides "lower the cost"

My friend, you have been around in this game long enough to have heard a multitude of excellent suggestions and explanations of what Alteil NA/INT can do to be better besides "lowering the cost."

As players, there is only so much we can do as you should know firsthand since you are a big advocate of the training programs and showing easy to make but viable deck builds. Other than offering suggestions to new players in the chat rooms and on these forums we don't have the ability to do anything else. Logress has spoken countless times of creating an ambassador like program to help people out with rewards to go along side it.

Unfortunately when you do the number crunching and it comes down to it, the "cost" is probably the #1 most inhibiting factor to new and/or low cost players. With the difficulty of the card game following behind a close second. Whether or not you want to switch those two I will leave up to each his or her own interpretation.

EDIT: I was going to post a link to that forum but was beaten to it. Shame on me for not reading all the way to the bottom.
Savin877

Postby kirk22 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well fargone how about you give a list of practical suggestions they could do besides "lower the cost"

Well I'm not Fargone. But I'll give you a list anyway.

Here it what I would consider a "practical" list of suggestions:

1)Lower Costs-We all know the reasons why this is a good idea, so I'm not going to list them. Suffice to say it'd help a bit.

2)Give Free Players More Viable Options- I know its possible to be a successful free player, there are lot of good examples of great free players. However, the fact remains that the majority of free players are at disadvantage. All I'm suggesting here is to give them something that can help close the gap a little more between free and paying players. Like an FM lotto that doesn't just give out starter cards, but a mix of starter and some descent 1,2, and some 3* cards. Events specifically for free players. Maybe even having FM packs and boxes(not with 4 and 5*, just1,2,and 3*)

3)More Gimmick Tournaments- What I mean by gimmick tournament is things like last weekends Fran tournament and the upcoming Jerry one. Those are fun. There something a little different from the day to day arena play and allow some people to try things they normally would try and others the opportunity to be competitive for a change. There great, should be at least one gimmick tournament a month.

4)Make it so Guilds Actually Matter-This is another suggestion that has been beaten to death with a stick. Things like Guild Wars was one of the best suggestions I saw for making guilds more of an active part of Alteil, seemed to have some good feedback as well.

Those are a few things I think are "practical" suggestions. Will they actually be considered? Probably not. Is that any different then any other list of suggestions that have been made. Sadly, no.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Gota » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm surprised to actually hearing that from you gon since you've been around to read tons of suggestion threads. Quite surprised and honestly a little offended.

I'm gonna post a final suggestion thread soon, re-typing it at the moment since I lost it last night, its going to be my final attempt at suggesting any drastic change to help Alteil (I wasn't going to bother after losing it, but since Logress seems to still be active and reading posts, I'm doing it as a last ditch effort), if they don't do something after this one, I don't know if Alteil will ever change at all for the better. So I'm done spending on Alteil till they do something about it, at which point I might . Taking my money elsewhere, and even if they show change, I think it would be too late to catch up on all the sets by then as it would probably take me several hundreds just to catch up on all those sets that I'll be missing. So I don't even know why I bother to re-type this at all since it won't even benefit me, I guess its just gonna be a parting gift.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 am

I just think rage is better in the form of constructive criticism that destructive negative rage.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Gota » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 am

Logress wrote:I didn't mean I'm not fighting to improve the game, I meant the opposite. We have more, better and cheaper ways to buy every year, mostly because of the GM's who talk with the community every day. Things like the pre-built Files, more ways to target your sphere, more ways to get fixed cards, a promotional shop event every week, new users getting a bunch of Gran and free cards in various ways (like the interactive tutorial), automated ways to get point cards, etc... More changes are always planned, but unfortunately there are some fundamental issues that need to be addressed that are actually even more foundational than the economy, at the very least, the new % of users who successfully learn the basics of playing the game before quitting, but really everything is kind of connected... Anyway, so far making changes has had only very small effects on the actual data, but I'm not giving up... actually I'm getting ready to kick into gear my most ambitious plan yet to change the way new users how to play.

But, because Alteil originated in a TCG model and not an FtP some players assume we're totally ignorant of the fundamental concepts of modern FtP economies and if we'd just read a few articles the next day Alteil would have a million users online and cost 10 cents to play. And yeah, I can only have that conversation so many times before it begins to fry my brain, which is probably why I sound so aggravated whenever I end up posting about it... Sorry about that.

Until you come up with ways better than gold boxes (Which are still bad btw, it is only considered 'good' when its in respect to other purchase options within Alteil which are beyond horrible) to help fill out a new set release, like say 4th copy protection? Reduced pt card exchanges, etc. Any way to better fill out last copies of cards or increase cpc, till then my wallet is going into some other games that doesn't cost me an arm or a leg to keep up with.

@gon
Its because we've been giving constructive criticism since forever that we've gotten pretty tired, thats why some of our posts might seem like negative rage. But deep down at the root of it all, even negative rage has a reason, "Your parents scold you because they care."

Not that I am saying fargone's post was offense or anything, in fact I think fargone is keeping his cool pretty well, much better than me. I think I rage and lose my cool way more than he does and sometimes I can't even help but throw a couple of curse words here or there, lol.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Previous

Return to General Off Topic