Website Breadcrumbs

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Website Breadcrumbs

Postby Raeith » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:06 am

Hey, you've probably noticed already but the breadcrumbs PHP script on Alteil.com is broken for the home page. (The breadcrumbs script is that section near the top that usually has something like "Home > Blog > GaoGaiGirl's Blog > Working Working Working!") Seems to be working for the other pages so I suspect it's got something to do with having a empty list//array for that page and trying to access a value that doesn't exist since its empty.
Protect our forests!
Don't kick, punch, bite or hurt the trees!
Raeith

Re: Website Breadcrumbs

Postby lupos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 am

Raeith wrote:Hey, you've probably noticed already but the breadcrumbs PHP script on Alteil.com is broken for the home page. (The breadcrumbs script is that section near the top that usually has something like "Home > Blog > GaoGaiGirl's Blog > Working Working Working!") Seems to be working for the other pages so I suspect it's got something to do with having a empty list//array for that page and trying to access a value that doesn't exist since its empty.

A) I did notice but couldn't edit form home.
B) thank you :)
C) it's been fixed.
D) you know much php? live near nyc?
E) The way the web stuff works around here is one of the designers, in Alteil's case GGG, makes something in photoshop and then gives it to me and says "make it happen!". Since I'm using a pre-made content management system I have to go through and "hack" things a little bit to get the effect I want. The script you saw failing was the one that inserts the large title on the tab on the upper right corner, just above the breadcrumbs. Since that component is already looping through the categories I just insert a <div> in there with the correct css to put it where I want it. It's a bit ugly but it works. Also you may notice that in sub categories the content window now expands the full width of the site. This is because in the not to distant future we will have some banners and other interesting little widgets lining the right hand side of the home page.
lupos
Site Admin

Re: Website Breadcrumbs

Postby Raeith » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:51 pm

lupos wrote:A) I did notice but couldn't edit form home.
B) thank you :)
C) it's been fixed.
D) you know much php? live near nyc?
E) The way the web stuff works around here is...

B) Your welcome :)
C) Yes, yes it is.
D) More of a casual//learning person, heh and I wish, living in New Zealand at the moment. We never get anything as cool as Alteil based down here!
E) The base pre-made CMS was Joomla I'm guessing (part guess and part looking at source code... okay mainly looking at source) and ahhh the bcheader div I take it? Get it working first and then optimize code later right ;)
Protect our forests!
Don't kick, punch, bite or hurt the trees!
Raeith

Return to Fellana's Laboratory