Draws count as a loss in tourney

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Draws count as a loss in tourney

Postby Icyman2 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:42 pm

I've had 3 draws on separate occasions. They do nothing to my star count in game but they're always listed as a loss in rankings.
Icyman2

Re: Draws count as a loss in tourney

Postby Logress » Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 am

Considering the rate of naturally occurring draws and that it's significantly harder to get a draw in a tournament, where Files are (even) more aggressive -- since the speed of your wins matters -- we usually need to count them as losses (been doing it for about a year), especially if the battles are short. At the time we started we made a few announcements, but I kinda forgot about it since we never got any complaints and no one seemed to care either way.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Callonia » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Logress wrote:Considering the rate of naturally occurring draws and that it's significantly harder to get a draw in a tournament, where Files are (even) more aggressive -- since the speed of your wins matters -- we usually need to count them as losses (been doing it for about a year), especially if the battles are short. At the time we started we made a few announcements, but I kinda forgot about it since we never got any complaints and no one seemed to care either way.

May I point you to a earlier post of yours.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8117&p=110920#p110809

Refess is more likely to get draws.

Draws = losses in tourneys.
Callonia

Postby Logress » Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 pm

Considering that was first half of 2011 and I was talking about the original JP Alteil 1 style of refess and how we were massaging it to make it work better for the US, it does't exactly apply. Not that you can't play Refess that way now, but I imagine playing an extremely slow file in a tournament has a much, much bigger disadvantage (considering a time limit) than an extra 1-2% chance of a draw.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Callonia » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 am

Logress wrote:Considering that was first half of 2011 and I was talking about the original JP Alteil 1 style of refess and how we were massaging it to make it work better for the US, it does't exactly apply. Not that you can't play Refess that way now, but I imagine playing an extremely slow file in a tournament has a much, much bigger disadvantage (considering a time limit) than an extra 1-2% chance of a draw.

Wait, what was Alteil 1 JP Refess like? Was they exactly like what we have now?
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:28 am

Because of the limited card pool, there are only certain ways (some grims) to deal with defense qq files. I don't see why someone won't do well playing a control file with 100 percent win rather than an aggrieved file with 70 percent winrate.
Icyman2

Return to Fellana's Laboratory