"Move to random OPEN area" bug

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

"Move to random OPEN area" bug

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:21 pm

This is still a bug and so I'm going to bring it up again. Certain cards have skills that say "move target to a random OPEN area." Sometimes, units stay in the same place they were in and do not move. If it stays in the same place, then it clearly did NOT move to a random OPEN location. This is either a bug, or if it is working as intended, the wording on the cards needs to be changed so that users know that the skill may not move the card you want moved.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: "Move to random OPEN area" bug

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Not sure I think its because when it moves the unit, it picks up the card then checks all the areas, including the one it was on which just became open then it chooses the same location which would suck badly for the user. I see it happen on my guardian, falkow failed to knock her to the back row which I was of course thankful for.

But eh, i just think of mark of failure grimiore so i felt it was kinda appropriate xD Falkow spells tend to have a chance of backfiring.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Yeah but I mean then it should say, "Move unit to a random open area, maybe."
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby InfernityFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:44 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Yeah but I mean then it should say, "Move unit to a random open area, maybe."

You just make it sounds more ambiguous than before. How about, "Move unit to another dimension. Then, move it back to a random open area not occupied by any other units."
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 am

One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 am

This fits more like a suggestion that a code bug. I'd suggest removing the word "open" in the description to fix this. But if peeps still want that "move to random OPEN area", it could make those cards with that skill better and prolly more OP.

It shouldn't be too hard to alter the code such that the target card will be moved into a random area while not taking its current area in mind. From what I've seen, the current mechanic picks up all cards and then moves them randomly. Of course, with that, all areas are OPEN, hence making the decription "random OPEN area" pointless.

Either easily change the text description, or change the mechanic to fit the description.
But in the end, sad fact: the majority won't actually care much about this.
MiKeMiTchi

Return to Fellana's Laboratory