A guild board?

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

A guild board?

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 am

Well my suggestion and fantasy card boards still haven't been implemented so implementing new boards obviously isn't high on the priority list at the moment but long term I think it might be useful to also have a guild board. Its another board I often seen on sites for games with guilds, used to talk about guilds, post guild recruitment topics, and set up guild vs guild matches. In light of the ever inflating "guild" thread already on the classroom board I think the need (and usefulness) of such a board should be increasingly clear.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: A guild board?

Postby Allied » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:38 pm

That is a good idea
Allied

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:59 pm

There could be two separate forums.

One for discussing items which are important to guild structure.

Another for guild recruitment.
Grain

Postby Awod » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Grain wrote:There could be two separate forums.

One for discussing items which are important to guild structure.

Another for guild recruitment.

hmm I'd prefer a personal guild forum. [a section of the forum only vision to those who are members of that guild.] That way the guild can create threads pertaining to their specific guild without spamming the regular forums. It's also useful for them creating events like deciding on a weekly day when they can all get together and 'practice' or the like.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Awod wrote:hmm I'd prefer a personal guild forum. [a section of the forum only vision to those who are members of that guild.] That way the guild can create threads pertaining to their specific guild without spamming the regular forums. It's also useful for them creating events like deciding on a weekly day when they can all get together and 'practice' or the like.

I'm hopeful that that will also be implemented but for all I know it already is since I haven't been able to create a guild yet to see. If its not though its defiantly something I would want, guild boards that only members of the guild can see are VERY helpful to guilds stay connected and feel like they've got a special area separate from non guild members.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Allied » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Well usely in most games, you have to make a guild fourm from another website
Allied

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:49 pm

In Urban Rivals, another online card game, every guild is given its own forum, so its not unprecedented, but yes I have played other games where you had to make your own forum. Honestly though I hope they do give a forum for this game cause from what I'm seeing there really aren't many benifits to being in a guild in this game. In other online card games you can help each other out by giving each other good trades, giving new members free cards, holding tournaments where you give cards to the winners, giving cards for special accomplishments within the guild, pointing out that a good card is selling for incredibly cheap on the market, etc. etc.

None of those things apply for this game because there is no market and you can not give or trade cards with people. Basically all you can do with fellow guild mates is share insight on deck building that your not giving to non guild mates, and to do that requires a place to put this information that only guild mates can view, thus the need for a guild only forum. With out that, I'm not entirely sure what the point of being in a guild is at all.
DanTheTimid

Postby Allied » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:00 pm

I have to sadly agree with you dan, That is the only point of a guild in this which i really hate but, Im not going to quit over having no tradeing system, Like i said before it would be nice
Dan get on aim
Allied

Postby reydien » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:46 am

Well, currently the game isn't even up for playing yet, and no one has been able to make a guild yet, so it's hard to speak about the benefits of being in a guild, and who says there has to be a mechanical benefit? Half of the ideas for guilds on the post on these forums seem to be of the "we were alpha testers together," "we like lawtia," or simply "we're awesome" variety, and that's perfectly fine.

As for having personal guild sections in the official forums, while it would be nice I honestly wouldn't expect it personally. With how (relatively) simple it seems to be to create a guild, making a subforum for every guild seems like it would get very big, very fast. Sure, they could impose a limit on what guilds get a forum (presumably a size requirement), but that would be arbitrary and could create a point of contention between the little guilds and big guilds.

What I'm kind of expecting/hoping for is that guild tags will show up under your name, specifically during tournaments and stuff; perhaps guilds could even field official "guild teams" for group tournaments, and the results when(/if) posted would include the winners' guilds. It isn't quite an advantage or benefit of being in a guild, but I feel like it would help build a sense of camaraderie between the members of the guild and also give the guilds as a whole something to work towards, if they feel so inclined (personally I think it'd be cool to be a member of "that guild that dominates most of the tournaments," though I'd rather my guild-mates be people I like than people who play good, not that the two are mutually exclusive).
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Return to Fellana's Laboratory