Fire Tornado

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Re: Fire Tornado

Postby Exanthem » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:58 am

Chronomaster wrote:
Exanthem wrote:
Chronomaster wrote:Well, we figured out what was wrong with Fire Tornado.

It HEALS THINGS. It's not hurting things.

O_O oh...well now that I know that, it might actually have a use. Too bad i've completely changed my mind about Gowen and will be going a different direction. I'm no longer a fan of Gowen.

Sure, if you like healing your opponents.

Hm, no way of using it on your own units huh? ah well, nevermind.
Exanthem

Postby Logress » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:30 am

Should be fixed now.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Raeith » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Logress wrote:Should be fixed now.

Could you change the wording to:
"Subtract your [Gowen level x5] directly from the HP of one random enemy unit. This effect is repeated four times."

I just added the random part to it. Since the rest of the targeted skills don't seem to have "target unit" without the random clause, you'd assume you'd choose a target each of the 4 times.
Protect our forests!
Don't kick, punch, bite or hurt the trees!
Raeith

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 pm

I agree with Raeith, such a change would make the effect a lot more clear and help dispel some potential confusion.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Logress » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Good point. On the topic of Fire Tornado and Gowen, a lot of people have been saying that Gowen's a weak set. Tonight I witnessed one of the Japanese creators use our Gowen starter against a well balanced Falkow. The Japanese creator used the deck in a very interesting way, and blew through the guy in like 8 turns. He made good use of Fire Tornado to take out the Falkow's low HP support cards and Voredore. I can say this, the secret to Gowen is to play fast. For Falkow and Refess, the longer the game lasts the better, for Gowen and Lawtia, the shorter the better.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Awod » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:14 pm

Logress wrote:Good point. On the topic of Fire Tornado and Gowen, a lot of people have been saying that Gowen's a weak set. Tonight I witnessed one of the Japanese creators use our Gowen starter against a well balanced Falkow. The Japanese creator used the deck in a very interesting way, and blew through the guy in like 8 turns. He made good use of Fire Tornado to take out the Falkow's low HP support cards and Voredore. I can say this, the secret to Gowen is to play fast. For Falkow and Refess, the longer the game lasts the better, for Gowen and Lawtia, the shorter the better.

Once more I must say I'd realllllllllly like to see a 'spectators' feature or perhaps a limited viewing of a battle for a few minutes while the game shows "battle complete" people can view it.

I'd really like to see how the Japanese team plays.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Logress wrote:Good point. On the topic of Fire Tornado and Gowen, a lot of people have been saying that Gowen's a weak set. Tonight I witnessed one of the Japanese creators use our Gowen starter against a well balanced Falkow. The Japanese creator used the deck in a very interesting way, and blew through the guy in like 8 turns. He made good use of Fire Tornado to take out the Falkow's low HP support cards and Voredore. I can say this, the secret to Gowen is to play fast. For Falkow and Refess, the longer the game lasts the better, for Gowen and Lawtia, the shorter the better.

So true, even though being currently undefeated I obviously haven't lost to a Gowen, they have actually provided me with by far my most nail-biting moments and most victories that were won with 1 lp and several closed unrevivable units on my field. In all cases the key was they hit me hard and fast, I was never able to set up and had to do everything I could just to slow them down because it was clear if I let them continue at their pace there was no way I would finish them before they finished me. If you can draw out the match though their weak field presence (do to low hp/defense) will eventually get the better of them, its just a matter of living long enough to get to that point.

Also, now that Fire Tornado works like it should, though I never actually had it played against me when it didn't work right, its quite a fearsome thing to behold. Several players have used it against me to almost pull incredible come backs or almost deliver that last finishing blow.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Awod » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:04 pm

OK, quick question.

Just had this card used against me today and thought it was worded poorly.

Subtract your Gowen level times 5 directly from the HP of one enemy unit. This effect is repeated four times.

It hit 3 of my units.

[ 1,4] [2 ] [ 3]

is the order it attacked. It says it only attacks one unit but it hit three thought I'd point that out. Is this working as intended, or?
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Subtract your [Gowen level x5] directly from the HP of one random enemy unit. This effect is repeated four times.

That's the effect I"m reading. It used to not say the random part but we had them add it to make it more clear a few days ago. Where are you reading it with out the random part?

The random part is the key cause the effect is repeated four times so each time it randomly chooses a target, thus it can potentially be a different target every time (or the same one if your unlucky).
DanTheTimid

Postby Awod » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:48 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Subtract your [Gowen level x5] directly from the HP of one random enemy unit. This effect is repeated four times.

That's the effect I"m reading. It used to not say the random part but we had them add it to make it more clear a few days ago. Where are you reading it with out the random part?

The random part is the key cause the effect is repeated four times so each time it randomly chooses a target, thus it can potentially be a different target every time (or the same one if your unlucky).

http://65.213.94.166/cardDB/list.php

Yeah, didn't get a good look during game but I was under the impression but it meant for 1 unit but since you're saying it said random that does clear it up.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Previous

Return to Fellana's Laboratory