Soul Skills: Targeting Friendly Units

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Soul Skills: Targeting Friendly Units

Postby Aether » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:59 am

I noticed that for some soul skills, such as Kesaran Pasaran, when lacking a friendly unit require one to target an enemy unit if available. In the case of the soul skill listed above, it can be quite frustrating when one is forced to heal an enemy unit.

I am not sure if this is a glitch or just part of the game. If it is part of the game mechanics I believe it could be worded better. As it is worded now, I am drawn to believe soul skills worded such as Kesaran Pasaran should only be able to target friendly units and if none are available the effect should fail. If it is meant to force a target (Ally or Foe), perhaps remove the phrase "target friendly unit" for just "target unit", meaning for the skill to resolve one must target a unit, even if it is an enemy one, if it is available.
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Re: Soul Skills: Targeting Friendly Units

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 pm

yea there is effects like that for me to when i was using efreet's soul skill i had to do 100dmg to one of my units cause the enemy had no cards in play, or the same as salamanders open skill it makes me do 10dmg to a friendly unit if there are no enemy units in play, and it is kinda frustrating >.<. but i guess its just the way the game mechanics are.

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Crap. That thing with our favorite puffballs is actually a bug... The Red just checked with Japan. It's only supposed to target friendlies. Anything else like that? I do know that Salamander's Open skill can target either, and it's supposed to. Makes you pay attention. The more likely places for bugs are soul skills, since they're all new.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Aether » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Kesaran Pasaran was the main one I noticed. I also noticed the Gowen spells do damage to friendly targets, but I figured that made sense. One can try to mess up their opponent by making them kill their own units.

If I notice any other Soul Skills acting funny, I'll be sure to post about them on the forum.
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm

yea i didnt say it was a bug or anything, i kinda figured it myself, that its pretty much a risk you take when playing the card, makes more sense that way :lol:

well i was using a Gowen/Lawtia deck, but im switching to lawtia, Gowen is more about dealing dmg, yet lawtia has more of a strategy as well

Return to Fellana's Laboratory