Luck potions need to be re-priced

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Luck potions need to be re-priced

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:22 pm

This isn't a bug but more of an issue that I don't think people are going to buy luck potions at their current price. This includes not just luck potion itself, but the 2 greater versions of it. Luck potions should, in my opinion, cost FM, not Gran. Having them cost Gran and not FM seems just silly. All a luck potion does is slightly increase your chance of getting into a treasure battle for your next 10 fights. So your paying Gran, which you could have just spent on buying cards, to give yourself an increased chance of maybe getting to compete with some one else for a card. Even if you buy the most expensive luck potion which gives you an increase of 50% of having a treasure battle for your next 10 fights, said potion costs the same amount as a pack of 5 cards and those 5 cards are guaranteed while treasure battles require winning so even if you have 5 treasure battles over your next 10 that you wouldn't have had with out the luck potion, you'd have to win all 5 of them just to break even for what you would have gotten just by buying a pack.

If you really don't want to make them cost FM at the very least it seems like the Gran cost should be significantly lower then it currently is to make them worth while. At least that's my observation.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Luck potions need to be re-priced

Postby Gaznox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:27 pm

I 100% agree. After seeing the prices in the shop there is no way I would spend Gran on a chance of getting a treasure battle let alone having to win it. If a pack of 5 cards cost 1500 Gran I would suggest setting the price to at most a half of the price of a pack of 5 cards(750 Gran). This means that with the average of 5 treasure battles a person will need to be confident enough that you will win the majority of your battles to buy the luck potion.

However, I believe it should cost FM and let avatars, cards, and aesthetics cost Gran.
Gaznox

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 pm

Gaznox wrote:I 100% agree. After seeing the prices in the shop there is no way I would spend Gran on a chance of getting a treasure battle let alone having to win it. If a pack of 5 cards cost 1500 Gran I would suggest setting the price to at most a half of the price of a pack of 5 cards(750 Gran). This means that with the average of 5 treasure battles a person will need to be confident enough that you will win the majority of your battles to buy the luck potion.

However, I believe it should cost FM and let avatars, cards, and aesthetics cost Gran.

I just wanted to point out a pack only costs 150 Gran. Decks cost about 1000 Gran.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Moozze » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Aren't the prices something the Japanese control? From what I've heard I think they are the one who do the balancing in the game...
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby dobaer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Did anyone else actually get gran for the alpha/beta? I think I got all of 5 gran to play with -- that meant I could purchase exactly, um, NOTHING. That was most helpful.
dobaer

Postby ammms » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:01 pm

You get gran by using the recycle function. You will then get a lot if you draw a 5 star card and recycle it again.
got light?
ammms

Postby Logress » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Okay, I've given the potion problem some thought. The base one is 50 gran, or 1 and 2/3rd cards from the shop using either the packs or the lottery. Assuming the 20% is flat, that means there's an 83% chance you'll get a treasure battle you wouldn't have gotten otherwise, and a 67% chance you get two treasure battles you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. (Feel free to correct my math, I was an English major). Assuming a 50% chance of winning, and (maybe a bad idea) you are always average, you will get 2 extra treasure battles and win one of them. So, on average you are basically getting a card for 50 Gran instead of 30. Sounds like a bad deal, but the Japanese have told me that the chances of a high rarity card is much better from a treasure battle than from the lottery. So consider it a premium lottery with some extra work involved.

If any of you with a statistics degree want to redo my math with less "assuming" and more statistical sophistication, I'm all ears.

Now, I wanted to see this myself, so I checked out a random sampling of cards that you guys have gotten from lotteries and from treasure battles so far, and it looks to me like treasure battles really are better. Still, the sample size is a little small so far.

I'll see if I can get some numbers from the Japanese (sorry, I can't share them if I do!) and run some more math. If potions really are unfair, I'll petition them to change something. I wouldn't count on it though, every time I try and call them on something it turns out that they've put a lot more thought into it than I have and they make me look stupid.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Fellana's Laboratory