Game froze on me

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Game froze on me

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Ok so I just delivered the final blow in my match against Galandril, a treasure battle between 2 high levels and a very intense one that almost saw the end of my perfect win record, however when the final blow was dealt, instead of the usual victory message popping up as well as a confirmation that I won the treasure prize... nothing happened. I tryed asking Galandril if he was having the same issue but my response didn't show up in the chat log. I can still surf the net just fine so my internet isn't impaired at all. After a couple minutes the chat log added: Galandril has returned to the Arena. and the option to return to the arena myself appeared with no comment about winning or losing. I clicked it... and nothing happened, I'm still stuck in the end of battle screen. Should I just close the browser and relaunch? Any idea what might have caused this, its never happened before? Even if I got screwed out of a treasure card I hope the win at least still counted, that was a very hard fought battle.

Update: Ok so I took a pair of screen shots of what the screen looked like if they're needed for anything, basically just my opponent having 0 lp yet no victory dialogue being displayed. I closed the game and tryed relaunching... only it won't let me log back in now. Did the servers go down again or is this something related solely to me, anyone else having any issues? If it is something related solely to me it appears I'm going to need some sort of outside assistance to log back in again.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Game froze on me

Postby Galandril » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm not sure what happened either, I figured I got disconnected but apparently not since it happened on your end too. I had to close the browser since I had to leave so that was probably me leaving. I didn't have a chance to type anything else in the chat but I did want to say that was a great game :)
Galandril

Postby Aether » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Yeah, I have had a few cases of game freezing up on me, as well as with other players I'm playing (They become unresponsive, and then drop from the game). Being Beta, it is to be expected, but it doesn't always help with ones win record.

Edit:
I've frozen up in the middle of games (making me lose a couple times), but I just had the end game freeze happen. I won and everything just sat there. Guess things are a little bumpy on server end.
Last edited by Aether on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Postby Moozze » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Did you still get the card?
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Never managed to get logged back in again (it said I was still logged in and trying to perform a double login, I sent a report to be logged out but was still logged in every time I checked) and now according to the latest news post the servers are down till 10 when the accounts will be reset so I'll never be able to find out if I got the card or not, only whether or not I was credited with the win.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Exanthem » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:59 pm

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I had just dealt the final blow to a player several levels higher than me when it froze. I'm curious as to if it counted as a victory or not.
For the record, it occurred at around 5:30.
Exanthem

Postby dobaer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Same thing here. Must have been part of the 'server' down... I guess I was lucky since I was on the losing end of my battle.
dobaer

Postby ketalis » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm

this has happened to me quite a bit...about 3 times now...but mine happened mid game...it sucks losing because your game froze...ive seen my like 9 winning streak ended 2 times now because of it...i dont know if theres anyway around it though dan...if you find one let me know lol
ketalis

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 am

Grrr, the game's up again and I was indeed not credited for my win -_- well at least I wasn't given a loss, that would have truly miffed me.
DanTheTimid

Return to Fellana's Laboratory