Post translation bugs here!!

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Re: Post translation bugs here!!

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 am

The healing bit is left off of all the Revive texts (lots of Revive includes +max hp, including Sumer and Ridera), because Revival includes a full heal, and room is precious. As for Rankup, that text is automatically generated by the system (we just enter rank up level, and there is a blank for each stat), which is why that text doesn't quite follow our usual conventions.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Spears » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:44 am

ooh.. okay gotcha
Spears

Postby Noria » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:10 pm

There is a typo in the very last sentence of Seasonal Cassandra, missing a "she":

"Will [she] every be able to live as her true self again?"

I also noticed a weird sentence in Frost Bow Archer´s flavor text:

" [...], she uses a special magic bow to freeze the enemy in their tracks rather than hurt them."

As I´m not a native English speaker I´m not sure about it, but the whole thing sounded wrong when I read it. First of all it has to be "the enemies", as it´s "their tracks" I guess.
And I think it got to be "to freeze them in their tracks rather than hurting them.", amirite?

Edit: I somewhat just find them today...

Strike Wyvern´s last sentence got a typo:

"[...] are much greater than any other wyvern."

I think it got to be "any other wyvern´s", or needs to be rephrased to "are much greater than those of any other wyvern." or something similar to this.
Noria

Postby Godric » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Noria wrote:There is a typo in the very last sentence of Seasonal Cassandra, missing a "she":

"Will [she] every be able to live as her true self again?"

I also noticed a weird sentence in Frost Bow Archer´s flavor text:

" [...], she uses a special magic bow to freeze the enemy in their tracks rather than hurt them."

As I´m not a native English speaker I´m not sure about it, but the whole thing sounded wrong when I read it. First of all it has to be "the enemies", as it´s "their tracks" I guess.
And I think it got to be "to freeze them in their tracks rather than hurting them.", amirite?

Edit: I somewhat just find them today...

Strike Wyvern´s last sentence got a typo:

"[...] are much greater than any other wyvern."

I think it got to be "any other wyvern´s", or needs to be rephrased to "are much greater than those of any other wyvern." or something similar to this.

Frost bow Archer's text is fine as far as English goes. In this circumstance, enemies and enemy are interchangeable as 'enemy' can mean a group labeled as the enemy, effectively grouping them together as a single entity. If you wanted to use the word enemies, then to make the sentence flow better you'd need to take out 'the' so you have "... she uses a special magic bow to freeze enemies in their tracks rather than hurt them."
Also hurt and hurting can be interchangeable in this situation as well, but 'hurting' sounds a little more awkward with the rest of the sentence, because it sounds like you would be changing between present tense and past tense in the same sentence.
Yeah, English is funny like that. I'm Australian and studying creative writing and I still get confused sometimes :lol:

As for Strike Wyvern, I'm pretty sure that the the multiple for wyvern is once again wyvern. Eg: One wyvern, two wyvern. One sheep two sheep.
Another example of the English language at it's finest.

Cassandra on the other hand has no excuse. They've just left out the "She"
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby Logress » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Fixed cassandra. Also, fixed strike wyv. (weather or not wyvern is plural, this was a case of possessive and comparative. The sentence compared normal wyvern's abilities to the strike wyvern, when it should be comparing normal wyvern's abilities to the strike wyvern's (abilities).

As for frost, yep, 'the enemy' refers to a group. Mostly I've heard 'an enemy' for singular and 'the enemy' for a group in everyday use (although obviously they can both mean singular if necessary).
Logress

Postby Skotos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:08 pm

In Mirage Master, the brief Lion Baron / Zagar story Part 1 of 4 that appears after you win has a spelling error:

"They even invited me to their dinning tent this evening."

I'm guessing this should read "dining tent." Apologies if this was mentioned before. I just did thread search for "dinning" and nothing came up :D

EDIT: I looked up "dinning" in the dictionary. It is a word, so I may be wrong about this correction. Just not sure if "dining" or "dinning" was meant in this context.
Skotos

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Maybe he bangs pots and pans in his tent, thus annoying his neighbours with a terrible din
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Skotos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:20 pm

garcia1000 wrote:Maybe he bangs pots and pans in his tent, thus annoying his neighbours with a terrible din

It's a possibility :-)
Skotos

Postby kodokuryuu » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:39 am

I noticed a typo in the description part of the EX7 Falkow card Magic Seal Expert / Mikasha:
"An ancient warrior who created the Magic Library that Regus was build around."
"Build" should be "built" in that sentence.
kodokuryuu

Postby Logress » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:43 pm

fixed
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Fellana's Laboratory