Post translation bugs here!!

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Re: Post translation bugs here!!

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Okay, I've fixed a lot of these. Some of the minor inconsistencies, like the and's and of's have to do with sentence construction. Sometimes if you say Return target unit of X and level X and below to its card file, it is easier to read if you go effect, conditions, then location (or result). Sometimes its easier to read if the entire effect is listed before the condition. IE, Do damage to one unit that...
Sometimes I just mess up...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Candi » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Wind Sorcereress / Femeil's Mirage Master Side Story has a grammatical error:

it is written:
"She got her hands on a new kind of medical plant that the her Djinn..."

Should say:
"She got her hands on a new kind of medical plant that her Djinn..."
Candi

Postby Gota » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:17 pm

I've always wondered, shouldn't [card=55]Kurina[/card]'s auto skill say "All friendly units get AT+10 till the end of this turn, except this unit." like [card=194]Priest of the Holy Word[/card]'s start skill "All friendly units get AT+5 this turn, except this unit."

Her skill as it is now, is misleading.. because her skill doesn't add her own AT
Gota

Postby Romdeau » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:36 am

Under the fun stuff "Icons" the poor Ruler of Crest has her name misspelled: "Eskita"
Romdeau

Postby lupos » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:37 am

Fixed! thanks.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Harion » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:33 am

not translation bug but spelling error
inquisition raid leader is spelled wrong
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Logress » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:05 pm

There's an auto spell check in all the text boxes except for the card name... looks like that made me lazy. Fixed now.
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 am

OK, this is not really a translation bug, but rather an issue that appeared when they changed some abilities of the japanese cards.
The one i found is florart guardian, it says something like "its true potential is revealed when it protects others". The japanese version gives 30 DF to the unit behind her. Why not change the falvor text into something like "her true potential is revealed when she directly confronts evil" ... or something like that.

I mean there are more or less flavor texts that dont fit to these card versions as well as to the japanese version.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:39 am

I know about that one, but I thought it still accurately portrayed the personality of the card. Also, even though she doesn't directly defend as she did before, her 'deterrent function' certainly does work to protect your weaker units, as the enemy is hesitant to attack with 30 AT, because they don't want to trigger a Counter in exchange for negligible damage.

There was a general translation issue for set 3. On sets one and two, the flavor text was really good, usually explaining plot, or the card's personality, or maybe something general about the card's role. For set 3, only the characters had true flavor text with personality and plot. All the other unit cards pretty much just described what the card's ability was in the flavor text... totally frustrating when nearly every Skill was changed from the Japanese game.
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:11 am

Under the "Story" section the description of falkow still has a line with "Sphere of Folkow " in it which is incorrect spelling.

EDIT: I just noticed I posted this bug previously back in August-is this bug too difficult to fix or are you guys not paying attention? Same goes with the whole request forced logout sheet deal I've posted twice about previously.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Fellana's Laboratory