Alpha user account not getting credit for participating

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Alpha user account not getting credit for participating

Postby Gigantorus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 am

I tried logging in this morning with my alpha login and password and the site told me my account no longer exists. So I logged in with my real account and I found that I have 0 exp, 0 FM, and a clean record. I thought I was supposed to keep my EXP, record and have 1000 FM. What went wrong?
Gigantorus

Re: Alpha user account not getting credit for participating

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:24 am

From the main page:

To celebrate, all Iczers who participated in the Closed Beta will be given 1000 FM. Also, Alpha and Beta gift Avatars are being prepared and will be given out next week.

I think that's the answer, unfortunately... (Well, playing with 'alphaxxx' as a screen name isn't that great either.)
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Belphegor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:54 am

But what about those of us who logged on to the Closed Beta using our alpha accounts and have only just migrated their proper accounts?
Belphegor

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah, to me it seems like the Alpha users should get the FM bonus too, I'm not exactly sure how it's done. All I know is that I got the bonuses and the fight statistics of my closed beta account like I was supposed to.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:44 am

While I won't deny that that sucks, the alpha accounts were never supposed to transfer statistically, they were just made usable initially because they were having issues migrating the real user names and wanted to give people an opportunity to at least play the game until they found a way to migrate the real accounts. Even though I had some wins on my alpha account once they started manually setting up the real names I made sure to do so because I wanted the rest of my play during the closed beta to count for something. I'm pretty sure both in the news and on the forum Lupos asked repeatedly for people to email him their user names to be migrated so its not like you weren't given any sort of heads up.

If its any consolation, having your experience transfer really isn't that big of a deal anyway, if anything starting with a low level again might give you an advantage as your more likely to be paired up with lower level players and players are more likely to not take you seriously believing you to be inexperienced. I believe its called Twinking in other games. The only thing you really missed out on with the 1k FM, which I admit sucks but it would be a real pain for them to have to go back and check which alpha account participated and which real account account it linked too. And then when would they even go about doing it, what if there are people who used an alpha account but are busy and don't get their real account set up until this weekend, do they miss out on the FM?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Karcius » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Yeah it does suck. If anywhere on the website it had said "If you don't register your account you will miss out on the gifts given to the beta testers" I would have registered my account immediately. However there was no warning. I merely logged in today and saw that not only had my information not been transferred but also I missed out on the 1k FM. To me that seems just rude. I was one of those people who sat for hours in front of their computer screen when the alpha first came up looking at a rotating ball above the loading sign. I waited patiently, logging in multiple times only to get no satisfaction from the game. Now I realize that expecting anything out of an alpha is just naive. They were trying to test the servers and I was alright with that.
However to get nothing from the experience but an avatar while others who didn't have to go through that get 1k FM and the same avatar is just ridiculous. I don't know how they would go about getting the alpha testers the same rewards but I know I would be less then thrilled with the game if they merely shrugged their shoulders and looked away.

-Karcius
Karcius

Postby Belphegor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Yeah it just looks like its going to be one of those things unfortunately - wasn't bothered about the XP and records but the 1000FM would have been nice but as long as I get the avatar for the alpha I'm not too fussed - its my own fault for not paying more attention to the forums - schedules been a bit hectic of late so any free time I did have went on getting a few matches in instead of reading the forum - I'd been reading the home page daily for updates but wasn't 100% certain what was going on with the migration and exactly who it was applying to what with Beta registration and the likes, so just waited till the link got sorted and could do it myself - moral of this story I suppose is to be proactive and get these things sorted out asap instead of waiting for things to clarify themselves.
Belphegor

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:43 pm

In a month everyone will have forgotten about those 1000 FM, it's that avatar that matters! :D
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Logress » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Everyone will get their avatars, no problem. Honestly, I've been wracking my brains for a solution to the 1000 FM problem that won't be a huge pain in the butt for us all day. Haven't thought of one yet... all our web guys are busting **** on refining things and preparing for the Cashier tab launch tomorrow, so there isn't much help...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Gigantorus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Just to clarify. I played in closed beta using my alpha account. While it would have been nice if I could keep 34-6 or so record and 16 game winning streak, I am guessing that is not possible anymore since the account is deleted. But I honestly don't see why I should also not be awarded the 1000FM. As a previous poster in the same situation as me said, there were absolutely no warnings regarding alpha accounts. I even played against a GM (Cup) using my alpha account and there wasn't any complaint regarding that. In any case, even if it is not fair, I won't make a big fuss about it since, as logress said, we'll be getting our alpha avatars which is the most important prize for me (other than the fact that I got to play and enjoy the game early :D ).
Gigantorus

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory