Consolidated: Broken or miswords cards

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Consolidated: Broken or miswords cards

Postby reydien » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:12 pm

Edit: Since I'm finding several cards with broken or improperly worded abilities, I'm just going to put them all in one post, to avoid spamming the board.

I have [card=26]Ruler of Crest / Eskatia[/card] in my LP set. When the soul ability was triggered, I had no closed units on the board, so it couldn't revive anything. After that, it did not deal any damage to either of my enemy's two units on the board. Is the damage conditional upon reviving a friendly unit?

For reference, the web-based card list has the soul ability as "Revive one closed friendly unit. Do [damage: 30] to two random enemy units." whereas the in-game card list has the ability as "Revive one closed friendly unit. After that, do [damage: 30] to two random enemy units." The difference is in bold.
Last edited by reydien on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Re: Ruler of Crest / Eskatia's Soul Ability

Postby reydien » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 pm

I just had a similar issue with [card=3]High Priest / Abel[/card]. When the soul ability went off, I had no closed units on the field, and I did not receive the 2 SP.

For reference, Abel's ability in-game is "Revive one closed friendly unit. After that, you get SP+2."
reydien

Re: Consolidated: Broken or miswords cards

Postby reydien » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:45 pm

Edit: Since I'm finding several cards with broken or improperly worded abilities, I'm just going to put them all in one post, to avoid spamming the board. (repeated from above)

I just used [card=7]Dispel[/card] in a game (vs someone with leBeau soul cards), and rather than choosing which of the two enemies to set to 0 defense, it set both of my opponent's units' defense to 0.

For reference, both the web-based and in-game description of the ability is "Set an enemy unit to DF=0."
reydien

Postby Logress » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:42 pm

"After that" means its a conditional effect. Dispel is a bug, I'll fix that. I checked the card list and it seemed to match the "After that" wording. Maybe it just took a while to update after we fixed the cards?

--Sean
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby reydien » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Yeah, after playing some more, I realized that the conditional effect was intentional. As for the card list, I might have a link to an older version, I'll have to check on that. Sucks to hear Dispel is bugged, but I suppose I'll manage.
reydien

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 am

by bugged I meant the wording is incorrect. The effect is correct. Continue dispelling LeBeau's Soul Skill at your leisure.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:35 am

Logress wrote:by bugged I meant the wording is incorrect. The effect is correct. Continue dispelling LeBeau's Soul Skill at your leisure.

What?

Refess already has high HP and crushing defense, and now I can dispel my enemy's entire field too?

And people say Refess is a weak file.... ha!
Grain

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:53 am

In the game, the action skill for Combat Monk reads:

"Do damage [ATK+0"30] to a random enemy unit within range,
Grain

Postby Aether » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Grain wrote:In the game, the action skill for Combat Monk reads:

"Do damage [ATK+0"30] to a random enemy unit within range,

I believe it does say [ATK+0~30] in game, but the ~ look rather strange. I believe I tried using a ~ in the game chat once and it almost appeared to be a ".
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Postby gamma » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:15 pm

I just used Kesaran Pasaran as a soul card and was unable to target its soul ability on a closed unit. I thought that I had seen Refess players using Cure, which is worded the same way, to target closed units. Is this how the card should work?
gamma

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory