New Website BUGS

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

New Website BUGS

Postby Logress » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Well, the skeleton of the new site is up. So, this is the forum topic for pointing out bugs and giving us suggestions ( like: get it done faster, dammit).

--Logress
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: New Website BUGS

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:33 pm

There is an amount of typos, including spelling errors and the plain omission of letters strewn around the site. Might just want to look things over once more for things like that. There aren't that many, but enough that it's noticeable.

-Az

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Logress wrote:Well, the skeleton of the new site is up. So, this is the forum topic for pointing out bugs and giving us suggestions ( like: get it done faster, dammit).

--Logress

Certainly not a big deal to me but I thought it was worth pointing out that its a little odd for you to post in the forum rules, and I quote, "This is a family friendly site. Please, no profanity.", and then you yourself proceed to censor bypass curse in this post. Again, doesn't bother me at all, but if you indeed intend to restrict all profanity from the forum you might want to edit your post here.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Or perhaps, as 'profanity' covers a wide range of speech, try to specify the level of profanity that you don't want. Or at least that which is acceptable, as I'm relatively certain from your post that 'damn' and 'hell' aren't being prohibited, though some would consider that profanity.

If you want the short version to my extremely long-winded post...Specify plz.^^

-Az

Postby punk4hire » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:09 pm

i can't guarantee that this is actually a problem, that is for you guys to find out.

okay...on the homepage move your mouse over the "Game info" tab and then click on the dropdown list click on the "Guilds" hyperlink then on the next page
click on the "What Is A Guild" hyperlink.

what i find weird is that it is pretty much the same as the homepage where the only difference is the url.
i just think it was weird because on all those other pages that haven't been done a different type of screen showed up.
punk4hire

Postby punk4hire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 pm

on this link http://www.alteil.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=56
gaogaigirl is spelt wrong, it is spelt "gagaigirl"
i figured since it involved the one of the 4 game moderators you would want that changed so people don't get wrong information.
punk4hire

Postby Xaxio » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:44 am

azarael wrote:Or perhaps, as 'profanity' covers a wide range of speech, try to specify the level of profanity that you don't want. Or at least that which is acceptable, as I'm relatively certain from your post that '.' and 'heck' aren't being prohibited, though some would consider that profanity.

If you want the short version to my extremely long-winded post...Specify plz.^^

-Az

If you're looking for a list of words (and words that sound like them) not to say on a forum, I was able to find one by Googling "profanity list". Here is the result. Only a general guideline of course...only the mods know what they will and won't allow. This seems a little off topic from website bugs, though.
--Xaxio ;a18
Xaxio

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:46 pm

This isn't really a bug persay but I'm curious as to why there is a separate button for Home and for News when both appear to link to the same thing? Unless theres plans to do something special with the Home button long term it would seem to me that it could be taken out.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Voomer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:15 pm

How about a signature and avatar limit on the forums? I wouldn't want the forums to turn into this:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=378639
Voomer

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Voomer wrote:How about a signature and avatar limit on the forums? I wouldn't want the forums to turn into this:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=378639

Well technically theres already a pretty hefty limit on the avatar, 90x90 isn't bad at all but 6kb is pretty restrictive.

As far as signatures go, theres a text limit but I believe the ability to display images in your signature is enabled and as far as I know theres no limit on the size of the images you can put in your signatures so that seems like a reasonable issue. Of course, other then disabling images, the only way to deal with signature images is to have mods hand delete any particularly obnoxious ones they come across which I assume them would already do.
DanTheTimid

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory