A Suggestion board? Fantasy Card board?

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

A Suggestion board? Fantasy Card board?

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:11 pm

So yeah I don't know if this is the place to post this suggestion but for lack of a better place I'm posting it here... which basically shows the need for my suggestion, namely that it would be nice if we had a suggestion board.

I know its early so theres hardly much room for us to suggest things when we barely even know what things we already have but there is still some room for suggestions (such as this one) and in the long run having a suggestion section would be very nice.

Another board that might be worth having long term would be a "fantasy card" forum, dedicated to people who like to create their own fantasy cards and hear fellow alteil players thoughts on them. Unlike a suggestion board I really don't think this one is nearly as important, but I do know that they have proven to be quite popular in other games I've played and helped maintain/raise interest in the game so its worth at least considering.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: A Suggestion board? Fantasy Card board?

Postby Logress » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:05 am

Good ideas... I'll see about starting those today if someone doesn't beat me to it.

--Sean
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Another possibility instead of or in addition to the aforementioned boards would be just to add a General board to the alteil section for people to make posts that don't necessarily fit into the other categories but are related to Alteil.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Akjeil » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:51 pm

(EDIT: I guess this breaks some time-space continuity since I didn't make it into the Alpha registration, but it seemed the best place so far to introduce the concepts...)

Logress wrote:Good ideas... I'll see about starting those today if someone doesn't beat me to it.

--Sean

Looks like DanTheTimid beat me to originating suggestion posts ;)

Anyways, I registered for Fiesta & found a great innovation in their forums, something called "Stickied Threads" (can be viewed at http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37619 , although I don't know if you have to be registered or not to view the post). The gist of it is that any helpful threads or posts on technical issues ( those deemed important enough to be located swiftly in a sea of post) are coupled with programming that makes them appear at the top of every page in the thread. Obviously this should be applied rarely to avoid clutter, but when used it can be a lifesaver once thread posts climb into the hundreds of millions :D

An alternate method might be to link such posts into a special thread designated "Common Critical Issues", or the like; Lupos
is the code-man, I guess, so he may come up with something simpler or more practical than what I could propose.

--Newly Enlightened Akjeil
;a41
paraphrased from Stephen King's "The Gunslinger"
Last edited by Akjeil on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Actually the forum already makes use of stickied posts. Check out Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction and Game FAQ in Lapierre Sensei's Classroom. Both threads are always at the top. This is because they've been stickied.
DanTheTimid

Postby Akjeil » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:36 am

DanTheTimid wrote:Actually the forum already makes use of stickied posts. Check out Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction and Game FAQ...they've been stickied.

Eh?...ah, so they have! I had a funny feeling my eyes weren't really playing tricks on me.

-Newly (re)Enlightened Akjeil

;a18 ;a18 ;a18 ;a18 ;a18
"Pick a card, any card!"
-Anonymous Carnival-Hustler
Akjeil

Re: Suggestion On The Cutting Board

Postby Akjeil » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Not sure if there's somewhere else yet to make suggestions, but this here's in light of DanTheTimid's
comments on LP 2 cards' apparent imbalance ("Balance Discrepancies" & "Ruby Carbuncle vs. Solar Prince" threads, etc.): perhaps to offset it special situations could be devised during which LP 2 cards (esp. those without Soul Skills) get certain stat boosts?
Or alternatively, an occasional recurring scenario in which Soul Skill-ed cards are penalized or immobilized, while non-Soul Skill-ed ones are unaffected. (I'm drawing a blank on creativity at the moment, but these scenarios would have some story/lore-based explanation, I'm sure).

-LP 2 Akjeil (This forum participant has no Soul Skills.) ;a40

EDIT: I guess I kind of misunderstood the issue in the 2nd paragraph above; after reading some other threads, I realize the Soul Skill use is a separate issue from normal play. :oops: The boosts for LP 2 cards may still be a good idea, although this will probably be answered now in the "Balance Discrepancies" thread in Annarose's Sanctum...

-Interdimensional Threadhopper Akjeil ;loading
Akjeil

Return to Fellana's Laboratory