I think this is a bug.

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

I think this is a bug.

Postby BcDed » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:20 am

Animate dead revives itself every time it dies and there is sp to revive it. When it's max hp is reduced to zero it should die get revived die get revived and continue the process until there isn't any sp to revive it with. What actually happens is that it dies revives then dies and doesn't revive again. If I'm wrong I'd like to know the reasoning for why it doesn't continuously die then revive until all the sp is gone.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
BcDed

Re: I think this is a bug.

Postby LunaticSoul » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:57 am

Is that from experience of trying to flesh recycle it? I thought in theory a flesh recycle should get rid of it permanently, but if this isn't a bug then I guess it doesn't work...
LunaticSoul

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 pm

When reanimated dead revives, it keeps any buffs or debuffs it received.

If a debuff lowered its max HP to zero, it will try to revive with zero HP. That is why it doesn't come back.
Grain

Postby reydien » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:49 pm

What BcDed is wants is for the close skill to go off repeatedly and completely drain the other Iczer's SP when he Flesh Recycles the animated dead. Currently the close skill only goes off once. Personally I think this is neither a bug nor should it be changed. If you think about it, the Close skill goes off when the current hp reaches 0, and restores full HP. with flesh recycle, the unit only "reaches" 0 hp once, when you first apply the grimoire; it just stays at 0 when the close skill goes off.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Rules wise, there are augments for both sides. However, I think the way it is right now works fine. It still screws the enemy, because it kills their card and drains 2 SP. If draining MAX Hp on an Animate Dead drained ALL the enemy iczer's SP, no one would EVER use Animate Dead, it would be just too risky. Now, I know everyone hates Animate Dead because of a certain combo, but remember that this applies to all uses of Animate Dead, with or without a zillion DF.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:10 pm

Logress wrote:Rules wise, there are augments for both sides. However, I think the way it is right now works fine. It still screws the enemy, because it kills their card and drains 2 SP. If draining MAX Hp on an Animate Dead drained ALL the enemy iczer's SP, no one would EVER use Animate Dead, it would be just too risky. Now, I know everyone hates Animate Dead because of a certain combo, but remember that this applies to all uses of Animate Dead, with or without a zillion DF.

Yes, it applies to every person with a flesh recycle card.
Grain

Return to Fellana's Laboratory