Paperdoll Items

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Paperdoll Items

Postby Sarkath » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Okay I've found a slight bug.

The Mad Priest clothes, the standard one, costs 1000 FM. Can be used on Standard Lavato Girl, one of those you gain in the beginning when you get the question if you want a male or female avatar. The mad priest clothes are written to be only Male PD base only.

All I did was add the clothes, and it did without limitations. Other players can see this, I asked an Alteil friend if he could, just to make sure that it wouldn't crash, or not load at all. And he could. I've tried to put it on a male PD, relogged and see if it wasn't just some weird bug. I could still change to a standard avatar and use the mad priest's clothes.

I'll upload a picture. Might take a little time to find the free service, fix account and that yada yada. But I know it will help.
You guys might want to try other equipment as well, this might apply to them too.

Picture:
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f371/ ... priest.jpg
Sorry for the bad quality, photobucket has surely become a lot more crappy over the years. I'll find a better service for future pictures.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Re: Paperdoll Items

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:04 pm

I just checked and I can put my magic doll paper doll outfit on both the initial male avatar, and the pink haired version of the initial female avatar. It looks kind of goofy, but it lets me do it and saves successfully after I've done it.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Sarkath » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:23 pm

This works with standard avatars, just to make it really clear... I wonder how that giant squid looks in a magic doll bikini.
At least Giant Squid with Magic Doll Bikini doesn't work.

This issue seems only to be with Paperdolls, and the two default Avatars, I haven't tried the male one though. But all the standards seems to have these limitations.
Sarkath

Postby Logress » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:44 am

There is a bug with the paper doll outfits, that even though the Preview only lets you put them on the PD bodies, once you buy them it lets you put them on anything. All I can say is use the Preview to determine to how your avatar will look, and don't buy or wear something that looks dumb... But hey, if putting the wrong thing on the wrong avatar still looks good, then go for it. Similarly, some accessories won't look right on some avatars, and the Alpha and Beta avatars are in unique poses, so they only look good with some equipment. This also goes for the various paper doll base bodies. For example, we're going to do different poses, we already have two.. the standard, and the Magic doll one (the legs are together in a more feminine pose)... but the programing to create a different category for each PD pose to stop people from putting on the wrong equipment probably wouldn't be worth it right now. Also, sometimes the wrong pose still looks fine with the gear, so letting the user decide also creates more variation. Anyway, Preview first and try to keep the floating swords to a minimum.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:26 am

The Mad Priest on Girl avatar actually looks pretty neat...
EvilGenius

Postby Sarkath » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 am

Logress wrote:All I can say is use the Preview to determine to how your avatar will look, and don't buy or wear something that looks dumb... But hey, if putting the wrong thing on the wrong avatar still looks good, then go for it

Might there be a possibility that the Mad Priest clothing will be available to the two first Female PD version as well after this bug is fixed?

It does really look good on the Female PD, however not on the Magic Doll PD, since as you said the legs have a different positions and therefore do not work.
Sarkath

Postby Chronomaster » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:21 pm

I'm against PDs of different sexes not being able to wear clothes. Sometimes, it looks really cute mismatching like that, and so maybe it should be.

I'm glad they leave it open like that. As far as the basic PDs go, it becomes an option of what hairstyle you want, and not so much as what body. The Magic Doll PD, not so much, but it happens to look good in the Bear Axeman garb, even if the leg is a bit off.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Return to Fellana's Laboratory