lvl 10+ sucks

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

lvl 10+ sucks

Postby Decomp » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 am

So the Folrart arena is really empty. The game was great untill i hit ten now I cant get a match. Once you guys get more players, this probably wont be a problem, but you might want to make Crest 1-5 forcing more players to Folart, thus making it a bit less playable. At least untill you get a more mass of players.

-Decomp
Decomp

Re: lvl 10+ sucks

Postby Taiki » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:09 am

=p or maybe a lvl 10~ 19 area?
Taiki

Postby 7th_Shadow » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:44 am

i totally agree. being over ten really is making this a drag. no one wants to face u in the training room, and all the people in folrart are already busy with battles. since there are still too few of people on alteil, being over lvl 10 having to stare at the 'searching' flash animation gets boring. i second the idea of a 10-19 room too btw
7th_Shadow

Postby Decomp » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:48 am

No, 10-19 would be terrible for anyone over 19!

1-6 room
7 on up.

just two rooms. That should even it out just about right. Then, after mass is reached- it could be reset.
Decomp

Postby angelatheist » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:31 am

no, more advertising is the best way to solve the problem. a 10-19 room would actually make the problem even worse. If you want to play more people limiting the number you can play really doesn't help. To get more people in the open arena you either need more people or you have to change how the arena works like adding an incentive to play in one area.
angelatheist

Postby DWildstar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 am

I agree that level 10-19 would suck and that's not just because I'm level 20 :P Funny thing is that it was just recently that I started thinking "This is great, we're getting more level 10+ players now." I've played several players in Folrart repeatedly, but I still think that the variety has been fine. Peak hours seem to be late afternoon especially. Crest seems to be more populated lately (hopefully because of the Penny Arcade ad) and I think there are more level 10+ coming very soon.
DWildstar

Postby Susanoo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 am

i think that making crest to be 1-5 or 1-6 arena would do great. people at lvl 6+ should be already getting the hang of the game. in a way that's it's not impossible for them to face a lvl 20+. and i really do think that facing better opponent early lets you get better faster.
it's true that the there are more players in folrart now. compared to a few weeks ago. but i still think that it's lacking. well i do agree that alteil lacks players this very second, and getting more players will definitely help. but even with decent number of players. making crest into a lvl 1-5 or 6 arena is still better than making it 10.... i think.
Susanoo

Postby Sarkath » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 am

I agree that at level 10+ Alteil begins to be very boring. Mostly due to that the players who are currently there, most of them do try to abuse the unbalanced card combinations... I don't know if it's just because of so few. But a lot of players in 10+ arena is actually less good than the Journeyman area in strategy and manouver, but the players makes up for it with stronger card combinations.

I guess I'll have to wait until the rebalances, or when more people start to play in that arena.
The players in the journeyman were great, but many of the players in Folrart at the moment are simply plain cheap. :ugeek:

But that's just my opinion.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:49 am

As a Refess player people don't accuse me of using cheap combos, rather they accuse me of either having guts or being very foolish. I am a type of player who likes to use the deck that no one else is running but the truth of the matter is really that I just don't have enough cards to run anything else. In any case, it should be said that using the best combos isn't cheap, if your goal is to win then its being smart. The smart players who aren't using those combos either A) don't have access to the cards necessary to pull them off or B) are fans of trying different strategies. Either way it doesn't make them more or less intelligent.

I've generally found in card games, that if you think a card or combo is over powered, the correct response is not to boycot using it and then complain about people who do, but rather to abuse the crud out of it until it forces the higher ups to take notice and take action against it. Boycotting a card or combo solves nothing, but in using it yourself you may either find out that its not as good as you thought it was, or that if it is as good as you thought it was that the people in charge of the game will be more likely to put a stop to it because its costing them players as more people quit after losing to the same card/combo again and again.

Back on the main topic, I've been complaining about this since the day the level 1-9 room was implemented, and my complaints have not been addressed. I had one instance where I went 45 minutes of hitting the button to find an opponent before it finally found an opponent for me! 45 minutes! Combined with numerous other factors, the lack of opponents (and repeatedly having to play the same opponents I already know I either can or can't beat with the cards I currently have access to) has lead to a huge decrease in my play time and unfortunately its a dangerous cycle. If players stop trying to find opponents because they're aren't enough players, then even as new players are introduced into the 10+ room the number of old players still there has also just decreased, and the room is stuck constantly having only a handful of players, the few die hards who are always there (mostly the ones who've gotten the best cards and can pull of the best combos so their winning most of their matches) and the newbies who are stuck playing these killer opponents, having trouble finding opponents, and then either joining the die hards or joining the list of people who've left.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:As a Refess player people don't accuse me of using cheap combos, rather they accuse me of either having guts or being very foolish. I am a type of player who likes to use the deck that no one else is running but the truth of the matter is really that I just don't have enough cards to run anything else. In any case, it should be said that using the best combos isn't cheap, if your goal is to win then its being smart. The smart players who aren't using those combos either A) don't have access to the cards necessary to pull them off or B) are fans of trying different strategies. Either way it doesn't make them more or less intelligent.

A person said that my Blessed Acolyte has too much HP and too high ATK.

This person was a Gowen Iczer.
Grain

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory