Flash Player 10.1 Beta

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Flash Player 10.1 Beta

Postby lupos » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Just an FYI to everyone, I've been running the Flash Player 10.1 Beta for some time and have had no issues with it with Alteil. The main thing about this that is of interest to Alteil players it that it makes use of hardware accelerated graphics. In other words, if you have a graphics card or even a graphics chip on your mother board, it will run better and use less resources. This is huge for the net-book crowd but is also still very helpful for people with slightly older machines who notice a lot of slow down when playing Alteil.

If you'd like to give it a try just hop over to here and install the correct version. It should actually be coming out of beta in the not to distant future but this is a nice way to ease some of the strain Alteil can put on an older machine in the mean time.

Please post any bugs you may come across that you BELIEVE are directly related to this update if you decide to try it and have any problems.
lupos
Site Admin

Re: Flash Player 10.1 Beta

Postby Logress » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Hopefully, this will reduce flash problems on laptops caused by the main processor getting very hot, also.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Zinc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Also hopefully it will lower the lag you get after playing more than 12 games in a row.
Bones Brothers an Altiel Webcomic http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=17&t=4707
Because sometimes no matter what you do your still gonna die.
Zinc

Postby lupos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Quick fyi they are on beta 3 now of flash 10.1 so if you upgraded to 10.1 more than a week ago you may want to get the newest version. Same link above should be fine. It supports more intel chips that net books use.

@zinc, if you have trouble with it getting worse over time a RAM clearing program might do you some good. This one seems to be popular and well rated and FREE! Also in my experience chrome seems to have a lot less memory leaks than FF so if you're using firefox you may want to give chrome a try. Though it still doesn't work in the cashier (working on that I swear).
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Spears » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm

lupos wrote:Quick fyi they are on beta 3 now of flash 10.1 so if you upgraded to 10.1 more than a week ago you may want to get the newest version. Same link above should be fine. It supports more intel chips that net books use.

@zinc, if you have trouble with it getting worse over time a RAM clearing program might do you some good. This one seems to be popular and well rated and FREE! Also in my experience chrome seems to have a lot less memory leaks than FF so if you're using firefox you may want to give chrome a try. Though it still doesn't work in the cashier (working on that I swear).

Upgraded to this, now all my games lag/ freeze or otherwise behave oddly. Might just be coincidence will roll back to an earlier version and see if it fixes it.

Edit* fixed it. unistalled the beta and went back to release seems to be working fine now.
Spears

Postby DDrgn » Sun May 30, 2010 7:01 pm

So the latest prerelease just came out May 25th. Thought you might want to know lupos. ;th2

If I had to give my input, let me just say this:

THIS IS LIKE SOME SORT OF MIRACLE PANACEA.

Before, Alteil really killed my laptop. Couldn't play more than one match in a row without terrible slowdown, and the eventual disconnect. Heck, couldn't even spectate or play against the NPC's without slowdown.

Now? Everything is at top speed, and I was able to watch more than one match in a row, AND play against the NPC's more than a single time, all in the same session. No lag or slowdown, and I never got disconnected from the either of those! Haven't actually tried playing more than two games in a row against other people yet, but oh man, this practically breathes new life into Alteil.

Highly recommended if anyone is suffering terrible lag/slowdown. ;)
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Callonia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:14 am

I'd say, I no longer dream of strangling people in my sleep over alteil anymore.

No more magical disconnections that happens "Conveniently" for the opposing iczer just like when I am one iczer away from winning the duel.

I don't get d/ced when my laptop is warm but this is still too early but definitely a improvement, good like the flash when i started in set 5 .
Callonia

Postby lupos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am

This new version is pretty astounding. I actually tried flash 10.1 on a friends nexus one android phone over the weekend and the game runs amazingly well on it. Some of the over actions where a bit fidgety so I don't know that i would try and play on it really but considering this version of flash make alteil run smooth on a cell phone is pretty freaking incredible.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Callonia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 am

Wait what, alteil can be played on a cell phone?

That's kinda incredible already lawl.
Callonia

Postby Vascha » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:49 pm

i feel really bad about necro-ing a thread...

ok, i was using flash 9.X (somewhere in 9)... I have updated to 10.1.102.64 (the newest release) and flash from alteil and login.alteil will not load at all...

suggestions?

(going to downgrade back to 9.X and hope that fixes it....)
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory