bug with witch queen/catherina?

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

bug with witch queen/catherina?

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:14 am

so this cards say "one friendly unit gets XX+X" there are 2 thing that baffles me
1) she can't target herself although i guess this is more a problem of the definition of "friendly" and not a bug
2) she can't target the same unit with the same drugs more than one time,i had a crab and a schyte soldier along with the queen and the crab drugged with the vitality drug but the game won't let me select the crab again and i had to select the soldier... is it supposed to be like that? if it is then the text isn't quite helpful
EDIT: ok i think it's definitely a bug because i can target multiple time/catherine herself with the attack and agility drugs... just can't with the defense one
teasel

Re: bug with witch queen/catherina?

Postby burnah » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:36 am

I noticed something similar with Witch Queen, I tried to use the def skill on my Sea Hunter (which was already buffed by another card) and I couldn't target him.
A round later I tried the agi skill and it worked (my Sea Hunter didn't have a agi buff). I think it only works on non buffed stats, but I might be wrong.
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:45 am

There are a bunch of quirks with her powers, for some reason they're not listed on the text of the cards in the Japanese version, either.
1) She cannot give a DF bonus to herself
2) She cannot buff the DF of someone over 20 (so have her go before your Sorcerer Guard if you want to get a 30)
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 am

well that's quite dumb... if you are going to play this is to accumulate defense so what's the point of this limitation? i don't want to believe it was done for balancing reason considering that she's a 5 star card who slowly raises defense when we do have a 3 star one that gives a huge defense boost in a single turn and that can be played by every deck
EDIT: for the record i don't want this card to become like lebeau but the max 20 defense limit is really low,at this point i just could splash dryad and i would get the same effect for the same cost using a more common card without a turn delay... at least write it in the text :/
teasel

Postby Moratorius » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Logress wrote:There are a bunch of quirks with her powers, for some reason they're not listed on the text of the cards in the Japanese version, either.
1) She cannot give a DF bonus to herself
2) She cannot buff the DF of someone over 20 (so have her go before your Sorcerer Guard if you want to get a 30)

Ah, now I know that, I won't lose so pathetically... I hope any other such "quirks" will get a section somewhere; if not on the cards themselves, then on the website/forums.
Moratorius

Return to Fellana's Laboratory