ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

I Lost All My Stars

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 am

I restarted in the tournament.

My record wasn't reset.
Grain

Re: I Lost All My Stars

Postby AnnaTheRed » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:55 pm

I checked your record, and yes, it indeed wasn't reset.

I've already talked to a Japanese staff about this (yes, he was up 1:00 in the morning in Japan time... of course, working on Alteil) and he's looking into it right now.
Hopefully, I can get some answer by tomorrow.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby shyster » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:39 pm

While it may be sad to see a record of 2 and 7 or whatever.

It should not actually affect your chances at winning right, since the winners are determined by the total number of stars and not actual ranking or stats right? Or is it possible that if two people had 20 stars and they were the top people the one with better stats would be determined first place?
shyster

Postby AnnaTheRed » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:29 pm

shyster wrote:While it may be sad to see a record of 2 and 7 or whatever.
It should not actually affect your chances at winning right, since the winners are determined by the total number of stars and not actual ranking or stats right? Or is it possible that if two people had 20 stars and they were the top people the one with better stats would be determined first place?

No, it doesn't affect the chance at winning for this tournament, because as Logress mentioned in the tournament description, this tournament is kind of a *special star tournament that win % doesn't matter.
*Usually, win % determines a winner if two people had the same number of star for a star tournament.

"What if two people had 20 stars?"
Example
Iczer A - 20 stars
Iczer B - 20 stars
Iczer C - 18 stars
Iczer D - 16 stars

1st place - Iczer A & Iczer B (In most case, the prize will be divided by the number of players)
2nd place - Iczer C
3rd place - Iczer D

More info and detailed rules for tournaments will be available very soon.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Sorry for replying so late.
The tournament is long over, but I just wanted to make this clear.

When you lose all stars in a star tournament, you will be asked to purchase stars again to continue onto the tournament. And if you decide to purchase stars (in this case, it was free to purchase stars) and continue, this isn't considered a "re-entry", and it'll allow you to keep your battle record.

"Re-entry" means when you withdraw from a tournament, and enter the tournament again. And when you re-enter, you'll lose your battle record.

We apologize that this part wasn't clear in the tournament description.
Like I mentioned in my earlier post more info and rules for tournaments will be available on the website soon.

I'm locking this topic, but if you have any further questions about tournament system, please feel free to make a new topic.

Thank you

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Return to Fellana's Laboratory