Night ability bug

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Night ability bug

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:10 am

During one match, I has Eska out on the field to turn it into night time. I had a Moonlight Warrior upfront. My opponent used an Undine on my Eska. The time turned to night, however, my Moonlight Warriors DF ability did not trigger that turn. My Lilith was closed that turn, so I couldn't verify if the problem would have occurred for her as well.
ANIMEniac

Re: Night ability bug

Postby EvilGenius » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 am

My guess would be that Start Skills activate in order by AGI, so the Moonlight Warrior's would have occured first (doing nothing since it wasn't night).
EvilGenius

Postby burnah » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Start Skills activate on Battle Phase, it doesn't take agi in account. Auto Skills activate when it's the cards turn.
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

Postby EvilGenius » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 pm

burnah wrote:Start Skills activate on Battle Phase, it doesn't take agi in account. Auto Skills activate when it's the cards turn.

My point was... Moonlight Warrior and Ruler of Crest both have Start Skills. What determines which one goes off first? In his example, Undine's Open Skill was applied to Ruler of Crest. Now, because Ruler of Crest had a lower AGI than Moonlight Warrior, does that mean Moonlight Warrior's Start Skill goes off before Ruler of Crest's?

My point was that MW did go first, so did not get a DF bonus from it being night. RoC went next, which turned it Night, but too late for MW to get a DF bonus.
EvilGenius

Postby DWildstar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Annathered and I did a test for this and it happened just like ANIMEniac said it did. It seems like EvilGenius was saying that AGI does indeed factor in when it comes to Start Skills. Since Moonlight Warrior's AGI was higher in this scenario his Start Skill window went off first, but since it wasn't night time nothing happened and then Eskatia's start skill changed it to night time.

We also tried the opposite with a Sylph on the Moonlight Warrior and the exact same thing happened. It seems like this is another thing to consider when it comes to the order Start Skills will occur in. :o
DWildstar

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 am

Interesting, that will add much to the timing considerations. I always thought that Moonlights ability was a "conditional" ability, meaning as long as it was night, his effect was turned "ON". Well, at least this is an insight to a future Day VS. Night scenario.
ANIMEniac

Postby GunCastor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 am

ANIMEniac wrote:Interesting, that will add much to the timing considerations. I always thought that Moonlights ability was a "conditional" ability, meaning as long as it was night, his effect was turned "ON". Well, at least this is an insight to a future Day VS. Night scenario.

If that was the case, it would be a trait and not a start skill. But this does makes battles against Lawtia units a little easier though.
GunCastor

Postby burnah » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:19 am

EvilGenius wrote:
burnah wrote:Start Skills activate on Battle Phase, it doesn't take agi in account. Auto Skills activate when it's the cards turn.

My point was... Moonlight Warrior and Ruler of Crest both have Start Skills. What determines which one goes off first? In his example, Undine's Open Skill was applied to Ruler of Crest. Now, because Ruler of Crest had a lower AGI than Moonlight Warrior, does that mean Moonlight Warrior's Start Skill goes off before Ruler of Crest's?

My point was that MW did go first, so did not get a DF bonus from it being night. RoC went next, which turned it Night, but too late for MW to get a DF bonus.

Oh sorry, my bad. I didn't get what you meant at first. ^^;
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

Return to Fellana's Laboratory