Lost because game returned to previous page

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Lost because game returned to previous page

Postby Koboje » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:10 am

This feature dropped me out of my first ranked game and pissed me off like crazy. The feature i am talking is caused by the extremely common sidebuttons on a mouse causing online and text pages to flip back and forth. I no longer dare play knowing that i can auto-lose because my mouse has two auto-lose buttons on either side that can be easily misclicked, it is a wonder i didn't do this sooner. If it is possible, it would be extremely appreciated if this function could be deactivated during an alteil session. I know i can propably dectivate this function specifically but it would be extremely annoying having to deacitvate and reactivate it following every gaming session.

I am sorry if this sounds stupid and ranty and i will propably continue playing later on, but now that i know about this i thought i would share it and voice my concern and i am sorry if i wasted anyones time and if this is common knowledge.
Koboje

Re: Lost because game returned to previous page

Postby EvilGenius » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:59 am

Koboje wrote:This feature dropped me out of my first ranked game and pissed me off like crazy. The feature i am talking is caused by the extremely common sidebuttons on a mouse causing online and text pages to flip back and forth. I no longer dare play knowing that i can auto-lose because my mouse has two auto-lose buttons on either side that can be easily misclicked, it is a wonder i didn't do this sooner. If it is possible, it would be extremely appreciated if this function could be deactivated during an alteil session. I know i can propably dectivate this function specifically but it would be extremely annoying having to deacitvate and reactivate it following every gaming session.

I am sorry if this sounds stupid and ranty and i will propably continue playing later on, but now that i know about this i thought i would share it and voice my concern and i am sorry if i wasted anyones time and if this is common knowledge.

That's very frustrating, I'm sure. So is being disconnected in the middle of a game for no apparent reason. Hope to see you back soon. ;a41
EvilGenius

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:13 am

If they truly are overly easily clicked I think its in your best interest either to go in and disable yourself or buy a new mouse. I know if my mouse was causing me to go back and forth on pages when I didn't mean to it would drive me nuts regardless of what I was doing, it just hurts even more on web based games for obvious reasons.

Regardless though, the issue is with your mouse, not alteil, my current mouse doesn't even have those side buttons and my old one that did (which broke down forcing me to dust off this old clunker) never had any issues with me clicking buttons I didn't mean to. Even if they do find a way to disable the back function of mice like those for alteil you'll still have issues with it going back on you in other web games and sites unless you deal with the real problem.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Koboje » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:28 am

DanTheTimid wrote:If they truly are overly easily clicked I think its in your best interest either to go in and disable yourself or buy a new mouse. I know if my mouse was causing me to go back and forth on pages when I didn't mean to it would drive me nuts regardless of what I was doing, it just hurts even more on web based games for obvious reasons.

Regardless though, the issue is with your mouse, not alteil, my current mouse doesn't even have those side buttons and my old one that did (which broke down forcing me to dust off this old clunker) never had any issues with me clicking buttons I didn't mean to. Even if they do find a way to disable the back function of mice like those for alteil you'll still have issues with it going back on you in other web games and sites unless you deal with the real problem.

Yes i realize that, it is just that in almost all other places or web based games one can either instantly go back to where on was at or simply not go back and forth at all. I will try to simply find a new mouse, the pain and shock of such a quick and unexpected self-inflicted loss just made me to mad to think straight.
Koboje

Postby lupos » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Also you should look into getting the software for your mouse. You might even be able to edit it with the control panel for the mouse. You can usually make those optional buttons do whatever you want. If you can't figure it out let me know what model mouse you have and either I or someone else on the forum here can probably help more. Least then you wont have to buy a new mouse.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Phades » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Yeah, i figured this one out the hard way as well. I am surprised that those features are even enabled within alteil, since they serve no purpose other than to cause errors.
Phades

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Koboje wrote:This feature dropped me out of my first ranked game and pissed me off like crazy. The feature i am talking is caused by the extremely common sidebuttons on a mouse causing online and text pages to flip back and forth. I no longer dare play knowing that i can auto-lose because my mouse has two auto-lose buttons on either side that can be easily misclicked, it is a wonder i didn't do this sooner. If it is possible, it would be extremely appreciated if this function could be deactivated during an alteil session. I know i can propably dectivate this function specifically but it would be extremely annoying having to deacitvate and reactivate it following every gaming session.

Or... you could get another mouse?
Grain

Return to Fellana's Laboratory