Paypal Processing Error Message - But Still Get Gran

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Paypal Processing Error Message - But Still Get Gran

Postby Mirth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:09 am

After payment once I am "Redirected by Paypal after 10 seconds"...

The following window appears at https://login.alteil.com/cashier/paypal/return.php

"Your payment has not yet been proccessed by our system.
This may just be due to paypal still proccessing your trasnaction or your transaction may have failed.
Please check your paypal account and if you believe this transaction was a success contact our support team at:
Admin@Alteil.com
Currently your transaction is listed as:" (with no information after it)

However, the Gran is still deposited in your account.

(Computer: Windows XP Professional - Web Browser: IE 7.0)

Hope this info helps! Loving the game!

Sincerely, Mirth
Mirth

Re: Paypal Processing Error Message - But Still Get Gran

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:59 am

Mirth wrote:"Your payment has not YET been proccessed by our system.
This may just be due to paypal still proccessing your trasnaction OR your transaction may have failed.

The thing is this screen can change based on milliseconds. If it takes paypal 10.5 seconds to finish the transaction and update our database but you get redirected after 10, then you will receive this screen. Then you can still have the gran in your account by the time you click back over to the shop.

As long as your account on paypal says you paid us and you got your gran, then all is well. Thanks for the heads up and the honesty. Perhaps I should reword that message a bit for clarity.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Mirth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 am

Thanks for the response!

I went and double-checked my paypal account. Out of seven purchases for Mirth, High Ranked "Eater of Ramen Due to Current Card Game Addiction" (between Aug 27th & Sept 1st):

Each time I waited until I was redirected... and each time I received that processing error message.

Maybe it is currently consistently taking longer to process than the 10 seconds Paypal allows for redirection?

Btw... I just realized that in the error message the first "trasnaction" has the s and n switched.

Thanks again! I'm sooo excited about the new card release! (EXCELLLLEEENNNT......)

Sincerely, Mirth
Mirth

Postby Mirth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

For Paypal Payment #8 - No Gran was added to my account.

Was logged into Altiel - Shop - Started at 675 Gran - Made a Paypal Pament - Waited the 10 seconds for transfer -

Received the message:

"Your payment has not yet been proccessed by our system.
This may just be due to paypal still proccessing your transaction or your transaction may have failed.
Please check your paypal account and if you believe this transaction was a success contact our support team at:
Admin@Alteil.com
Currently your transaction is listed as:"

Normally when I check back on the Shop screen the additional Gran appears within seconds. However, this time... nothing happened.

I went into my Paypal account and the payment shows as "Completed" to Rare Flix

Logged Out and Back into my account - Still no Additional Gran.

I'm going to contact Admin@Alteil.com and let them know what occurred.

Sincerely, Mirth

Update: I logged out about a half hour after the payment... and logged back in about an hour and 10 minutes after the payment. The Gran was credited. Good stuff!
Mirth

Postby lupos » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Paypal seems to be running rather slow today for some reason. Their site is even loading slowly for me. I've run a few test transactions today and they have all taken about 30min to go through. Just the nature of the beast I suppose :/
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Forsakensoul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 am

This has been happening to me quite a bit lately as well. My past several transactions have given me this... not just today but the past few days. It never used to do it though. strange.
Forsakensoul

Return to Fellana's Laboratory