Chaos Ogre / Dalos SS Bug

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Chaos Ogre / Dalos SS Bug

Postby slashzero » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Its effect reads:

Revive one closed friendly unit, and then do [damage:40] to one random enemy unit.

But it does:

Revive one closed friendly unit, and then do [damage:40] to one enemy unit.

I'm pretty sure it's the skill effect that is bugged, not the text. It's too powerful otherwise...
slashzero

Re: Chaos Ogre / Dalos SS Bug

Postby woshiro » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 pm

I can confirm that - just played him and his soul skill let me choose the target which was a surprise... a pretty awesome one! He just too imba with this bug so I hope they DON'T correct it soon :D
woshiro

Postby AnnaTheRed » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:11 am

Tested, and the text and the SS didn't match, so I've already reported it to Japanese Alteil staff.

I tested the 2nd pack a lot myself, but I can't believe I didn't catch this one... :oops:
woshiro wrote:I hope they DON'T correct it soon :D

They'll probably fix it as soon as they see my email, so enjoy while it lasts!

I'll post when it's fixed.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby woshiro » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:29 am

I have another question - the second part is conditional? Cos I just played again and his SS activated while there was no unit to revive on the field and the SS didnt do the damage at all... So if theres nothing to revive theres no damage? I think that wording "do something ,and then do something else" doesnt actually imply condition "if first then the second". Please reply
woshiro

Postby DWildstar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:53 am

woshiro wrote:I have another question - the second part is conditional? Cos I just played again and his SS activated while there was no unit to revive on the field and the SS didnt do the damage at all... So if theres nothing to revive theres no damage? I think that wording "do something ,and then do something else" doesnt actually imply condition "if first then the second". Please reply

Yes, this card like Annarose or Eskatia require the first effect to happen in order for the 2nd. So if there is no card to revive then there is no effect at all.
DWildstar

Postby lupos » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:28 am

woshiro wrote:"do something ,and then do something else" doesnt actually imply condition "if first then the second". Please reply

It's the "then" that's key. There are some card that are:

A happens. B Happens

and soem that are

A happens then B happens.

Due to the finite room for explanation we do the best we can but hats what the forums and the training arena are for.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am

I think it's unnecessary to say the "If first" part because it's implied in the sentence already with the then-I can't possibly find a different way to interpret a sentence like that.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Dalos should be targeted, because if you don't time it when you have a second closed unit it won't go off at all, so it's not overpowered.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby teasel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:03 am

we already have asuet which gives 40 damage and 1 free SP and eskatia which revives and deals damage to two random unit so no i don't see this guy any more powerfull than other rare card SS
teasel

Return to Fellana's Laboratory