getting randomly disconnected

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

getting randomly disconnected

Postby jasta85 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:23 pm

twice today the game client has disconnected me in the middle of a game. my internet is working, i could surf the net normally, and can get on the alteil site normally. i can even get back on the game after closing the window, however the fact that i keep getting kicked out in the middle of a game (and it also counts as a loss on my part) is very frustrating. i dont care all that much about rankings but having a possible winning streak getting cut short and losing a game i could have won is not very fun. is this just a problem on my end or is there something else happening?
jasta85

Re: getting randomly disconnected

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Are you behind a firewall?

Are you on DSL/Cable/Dialup?

What system are you running? Xp/Vista?

Alteil is picky it doesn't wait for a reconnect once you lose connection (even for a second) it d/c's you. most games will just let your time run down for a little bit then see if you come back if you aren't connected back after like 20 seconds then it will d/c you. I know because when my lappy runs low on battery and goes into hibernate it d/c's me even though I run to the plug.
Forsakensoul

Postby jasta85 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:07 pm

im on a collage campus and using cable, i have windows vista and the school does have its own firewall. ive been disconnected once or twice before but this time it was just happening a bit more frequently. i have a feeling its my school's network, it gets glitchy every now and then.
jasta85

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Talk to your school's administrators and talk to logress most likely. Find out the port that alteil uses and ask to make sure that it has no exceptions in the schools firewall.
Forsakensoul

Postby lupos » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:29 pm

lupos
Site Admin

Return to Fellana's Laboratory