Lost In Translation

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Lost In Translation

Postby Grain » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:40 pm

This isn't exactly a bug, but,

I was browsing through the Refess card list.

The unit called, "Folrart Shield Knight" has an untranslated skill.

Or, maybe it simply wasn't translated because it says it has no skill?

-Grain
Grain

Re: Lost In Translation

Postby DWildstar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Anything that still appears in Japanese or untranslated will be by the game's release. A good percentage has already been translated, it's just a matter of implementing the changes at this point. So if you see Japanese it's not an oversight.
DWildstar

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm curious, are Folrart Shield Knight and Sea Hunter (who just like FSK has seemingly no skill) proving especially tricky to translate? Its been a while since this was brought up and neither card still has its skill defined, yet just recently I brought up some issues with the effects of Witch Queen / Catherina and Harpy and they were quickly re-translated, so I just wanted to make sure this little issue with the seemingly missing skills hadn't been forgotten.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:20 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:I'm curious, are Folrart Shield Knight and Sea Hunter (who just like FSK has seemingly no skill) proving especially tricky to translate? Its been a while since this was brought up and neither card still has its skill defined, yet just recently I brought up some issues with the effects of Witch Queen / Catherina and Harpy and they were quickly re-translated, so I just wanted to make sure this little issue with the seemingly missing skills hadn't been forgotten.

We haven't forgotten about those cards you mentioned!
In fact, it has been translated. It just that where you edit the text is a bit tricky...
Well, I've been telling Logress to update this for a long time now, (and I just reminded him about it again) so he should be actually editing the text as I type.
As a matter of fact, I can see his monitor......

yup, he's working on it right now!

I'll post when it's updated.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby GunCastor » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:35 am

I think it says "This unit has no skills" or something like that in Japanese. Both cards says the same thing.
GunCastor

Postby numerrik » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Yes that is good to know as several items in game are still in japanese in the shop. in short.

WE DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE IN WHAT!

(bonus points if you catch the reference.
numerrik

Postby Logress » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Fixed.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:27 pm

Awesome! Although the fact that both cards have 2lp and yet no soul skill further brings to front my question on lp2 soul card balance since there are clearly other lp2 cards with positive effects, and several lp3 cards with effects that will never actually negatively effect you making all these lp2 cards completely useless as soul cards as far as I can tell.

Regardless it appears the card list is finally fully translated so kudos to that!
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby GunCastor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 am

It seems that these cards have absolutely no skills on them at all, I have to say that I'm honestly disappointed. They are rather hefty meatshields though, being that they actually have defense on them. Maybe I'll combo them with units that provide even more defernse, just to annoy my opponent with super-tanks. But there are skills that penetrate/negate def...
GunCastor

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:28 am

Problem has been fixed, if you want to discuss the powers of the cards further, please create a new topic.
DWildstar

Return to Fellana's Laboratory