Anti Magic Swordsman effected by a grimoire

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Anti Magic Swordsman effected by a grimoire

Postby lazy_fool » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Was just playing a game when someone used a flanking attack grim on my units and it effected Anti magic swordsman as well. Here is the replay of the game https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/rep ... 344e64f718 Turn 12 is when it happens.
lazy_fool

Re: Anti Magic Swordsman effected by a grimoire

Postby imortal12233 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 pm

that grim is a bit unusual, I can see grim immune units to be affected by it, since it can be thought of affecting the field, rather than the units themselves.

However, this IS probably a glitch, likely due to them using the same code for that grim as they do for the flipping SSes (just a guess based on a true form noze bug I remember).
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Logress » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:21 pm

I will check, but that may be unavoidable, because then it would be possible to move a unit into his square while he is still in it...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby lazy_fool » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 am

Ah that makes sense can't have two units occupying the same space. Where one is affected by the grim and one isn't. Thanks for looking into it.
lazy_fool

Postby Pancakes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:35 pm

actually, the anti magic swordsman should nullify that grim imo or it's just false advertising and I will ask for my money back
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Logress » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:40 pm

I don't know what you're talking about. Flaking attack targets the rows, not the units...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Pancakes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:22 am

Logress wrote:I don't know what you're talking about. Flaking attack targets the rows, not the units...

Anti Magic Armor:

This unit cannot be affected, targeted, or randomly chosen by grimoires.

Flanking Attack:

Move enemy units from [area: 1-2-3] to [area: 7-8-9] and from [area: 7-8-9] to [area: 1-2-3].

First of all, flanking attack's text clearly states that it is moving (targeting) "enemy units", and not moving (targeting) "rows" on the field. Second of all, even if it did target rows, by doing so it will be having an effect on whatever occupies said row. And Anti Magic Armor clearly states, that "this unit cannot be affected...by grimoires".

:?
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby azurewrath » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 am

You've clearly never played Magic with creatures vs creature cards (or spell vs spell card and so on). The card is only a "creature" when it is actually in play. It is solely a "creature card" for when it is in any other instance. Very important in some cases.
azurewrath

Postby winfrith279 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:03 am

Flanking attack isn't really magic, just sneak up on your opponent from behind.
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby Pancakes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 am

azurewrath wrote:You've clearly never played Magic with creatures vs creature cards (or spell vs spell card and so on). The card is only a "creature" when it is actually in play. It is solely a "creature card" for when it is in any other instance. Very important in some cases.

I see what you tried to do dere. But you missed the part where I actually made sense.
Pancakes

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory