the game is one big bug (

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

the game is one big bug (

Postby anatolytt » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm

Game website is so poorly developed that it's unplayable... Sooo many design/html coding flaws, it looks like a mess in Opera browser, I cant even start a game cause some layer blocks the input form...

I'm a web developer myself, so I know what I'm talking about. I'm outta here. Please respect players and hire professional coders and usability testers. Goodbye.
anatolytt

Re: the game is one big bug (

Postby Phades » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Well, i am pretty sure this game is only designed to function under IE or mozilla firefox, but i understand your frustration.
Phades

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 pm

anatolytt wrote:Game website is so poorly developed that it's unplayable... Sooo many design/html coding flaws, it looks like a mess in Opera browser, I cant even start a game cause some layer blocks the input form...

I'm a web developer myself, so I know what I'm talking about. I'm outta here. Please respect players and hire professional coders and usability testers. Goodbye.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you come back soon. :twisted:
EvilGenius

Postby SadistOkita » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 pm

There are many Opera users that are forced to use something else, but what can we do? what can we do?

I just have to endure it, if i want to play. :(
SadistOkita

Postby lupos » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 am

Wow, thanks for being so understanding. Sorry we couldn't accomodate the less than 2% of users out there who have Opera. :/
I mean, I've got Opera. I like it. But It's certainly not the only browser I have installed. I know it's not ideal but the game is 4 years old. It's been upgraded over the years but if it works fine in IE and FF and safari, you really expect us to go through and dramaticaly change the way it's written for opera? It's just not practical. It also only sort of works in chrome. Everything displays fine, which leads me to believe the issues with Opera are just that, but it is very slow to switch tabs for some reason.

At any rate, always sorry to see someone go but if you're waiting around for Opera support it's probably not coming. :(
lupos
Site Admin

Postby DWildstar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 am

Also I'm not sure if you meant the actual game or just the alteil.com site. I checked and indeed it's not friendly to Opera. So in that case I just thought I'd point out we are a very small staff two web guys running the whole deal. Right now they have enough work adding new content and fixing things and Opera compatibility is low on that list.
DWildstar

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:03 pm

I don't blame you for not fixing it, because if i were you i wouldn't bother, but why dosn't it actually work well on Opera? I just can't imagine what the reason for the "opera only bug" can be. o.o
SadistOkita

Postby lupos » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:17 pm

It seems to be a dom structure issue, something with how the layering is handled. I didnt develop the actual tab system but I did make the proof of concept we sent to the devs in JP to show them what we wanted. The tabs are one iframe I think with a flash app that controls the depths of the other iframes via js. Some how certain parts of some will always appear on top of others. I think its a matter of how activex items are displayed. It's frustrating but... only so much we can do. Maybe newer versions of opera will right the issue or at least fall in line with the other browsers.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Romdeau » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:14 am

Because firefox is just an unacceptable alternative.

EDIT: For those whom missed that sarcasm, well, here it is. I use FireFox
Last edited by Romdeau on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romdeau

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:56 am

Romdeau wrote:Because firefox is just an unacceptable alternative.

At least it's better than I.E. Image
EvilGenius

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory