Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby harvest4god » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am

randomguy00 wrote:Don't know if someone answered this, but when (if) FM is converted to pt cards, what exactly is the ratio going to be?
If I have less than 2500 FM (the shop value of a point card), I'll get a fraction of a point card?

It stated rounded up.
harvest4god

Postby phailures » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:06 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Oh btw, here's an idea and i would like to hear the admin's, goblin's or whoever is in charge's opinion on this.

In the game kings & legends there's an auction house ever since launch.
Anyone can place a card in the auctionhouse and sell it, BUT nobody can buy a card unless they are at least level 35 or they got VIP status (not sure how much it costs since i haven't yet decided if i want to stay in that game for a long time).

So what if you do the same in alteil's auction house?
As i said you have to prevent exploit of the auction house by allowing more participation. So maybe it's good to allow everyone to place their cards on the auction house (you can have a minimum cost on the cards that is equal or higher to the recycle value).
BUT perhaps have the minimum level required to buy something on the auction house at level 50 or even 100.

This is actually implemented in many mmorpgs with auctions or real money purchases. Having to be a specific level would rule out the abuse you were concerned about with people doing tutorial and transferring money for infinite gran. 50 and 100 might be excessive. I think maybe 30 or 40s would be decent enough and take enough time that it wouldn't be worth farming, but that's something to be decided later.

There's also of a lot of other problems with having an auction house. One is definitely a monopoly. Maybe if you implement it so that you can't buy any copies of a card if you already have a playset (alt arts don't count). This would somewhat prevent monopolies and people trying to just hoard one card and sell it for a lot.

As for gran and FM and new currency, I'm not too sure on. I think having FM being able to be used for cards is a plus though. Having the rates higher but being able to be used for the same things gran is would be good. League of Legends has RP and IP. RP is cash only and IP is obtained from games. Everything in the game can be bought with RP except for runes (which you unlock slots for by leveling), and the only things you can't buy with IP is premium stuff like skins and bundles. I think having MM be gran would still be fine, and being only able to purchase boxes with gran, but everything else card wise would be open to FM (at a different rate of course).
phailures

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:24 am

Okay, having a minimum level gained in order to use the Auction house sounds like a good idea in this game. xD

lvl 30 and up?
Callonia

Postby asxlen64 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:54 am

Callonia wrote:Okay, having a minimum level gained in order to use the Auction house sounds like a good idea in this game. xD

lvl 30 and up?

its suppose to be for BEGINNERS AND PLAYERS WHO DONT HAVE CARD POWER. im lvl1, yet have full arsonal of cards that most would love to have.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 am

asxlen64 wrote:
Callonia wrote:Okay, having a minimum level gained in order to use the Auction house sounds like a good idea in this game. xD

lvl 30 and up?

its suppose to be for BEGINNERS AND PLAYERS WHO DONT HAVE CARD POWER. im lvl1, yet have full arsonal of cards that most would love to have.

I remember when I was a newbie i reached lvl 25 with no problems. But card balance back then was better when gowen rush was everyone and refess got shafted by being forced to use blessed acolyte in their starters.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

lvl 30 and up?

Well not to use. To buy stuff is restricted to a certain level which is awesome. So basically it takes lots of time to get your level high enough to finally exploit your alt and then since the AH is monitored all that time is at risk to be NEGATED completely along with your account sanctioned with gran. -5000 would be nice sanction for AH abuse.

I like the idea of allowing everyone to place cards on AH because it prevents abuse a lot easier by those who just buy and resell.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby InfamousMitsuhide » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:34 am

i want this, lets do this.
InfamousMitsuhide

Postby Malarious » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 am

I prefer to outline things in bullets, easier to read to me.

* Anyone can sell cards. Which gives FM (I would prefer gran so you could get involved but eh).
* Lvl 30 to buy cards, requiring Gran.
* Preferably allow gran from Mirage Master, so even free players can get in on it.
* What would the new FM rate be and what would packs sell for? Do you get 100 fm a win or 10?
* For this to fly I have to agree we need more frequent errata, both on cards that dominate meta (OP) and those that never see the light of day. (If you check the underdog list over the last several months of a set you will see some cards that just never moved).
* What would a pack cost? What would a point card sell at if still possible?
Malarious

Postby angelspawns » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 am

Let me state this again:
* A Ceiling. Implement a MAX Gran Cap to prevent inflation and monopoly from going out of control. This should keep cards achievable for all.

Without a ceiling the Auctionhouse will be just one big failure for players trying to get that Ex, Dion, Bringer, Dilate, Catherina, etc. Since this game has a small bunch of elite willing to buy(=ask) stuff at rediciouless prices.
Please give it a thought. ;)
angelspawns

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm

angelspawns wrote:Let me state this again:
* A Ceiling. Implement a MAX Gran Cap to prevent inflation and monopoly from going out of control. This should keep cards achievable for all.

Without a ceiling the Auctionhouse will be just one big failure for players trying to get that Ex, Dion, Bringer, Dilate, Catherina, etc. Since this game has a small bunch of elite willing to buy(=ask) stuff at rediciouless prices.
Please give it a thought. ;)

Actually that would just mean the card would go to those who would offer the maximum bid fastest. The demand will be larger than the supply for some cards, thus some people will not get those cards: either the less rich, or those not wanting to waste to much time constantly checking the AH. If we had targetted parchasing though, anybody could get the cards they wanted for a price alteil deemes fair and people wouldn´t get stuck with wasting money due to the RNG (if you get bad cards (not just good cards you can´t use, but cards below average) you can usually not use them and you also can´t sell them for much on the AH, thus it you will still be left recycling making you lose a decent ammount of gran).

On a side note targetted spending allows alteil to get the prices to whatever they deem acceptable, and allows the players to get them in a more simple less time consuming way. Just take 1 star cards and regular lotto. Due to lotto´s good rate of return you would actually make a profit constantly using it, when you put any 1 star you find on the auction house and manage to sell them for an average of 7 or 8 gran. Note that bad cards can be recycled for 5 gran, thus getting 7 or 8 gran on average is really easy when you can make a 10 to 15 gran profit on the decent ammount of cards, not even mentioning profits made on selling higher rarity cards at the AH above their recycle value. Thus targetted parchasing of 1 star cards will be dirt cheap if alteil doesn´t put a price on AH usage. Alteil can make the price for using the AH large enough to prevent this, but to ensure availability of cards on the AH people need incentive to put up the cards for auction. This requires them making some profit worth the time of putting the card up for action over simply recycling it. As this value can only be 1 to 2 gran per card on average to avoid people actually making gran via lotto it seems likely a lot of cards might be hard to attain from the AH. Just getting rid of lotto and any other shop item with such a great cost per content ratio could also be an option to prevent such problems partially, but getting rid of the shop items with better cpc seems counterproductive as it´ll just increase the annoyance of the RNG.

Targetted spending can´t be abused, any income made on sold cards will automatically go to alteil, simpler to implement, faster for it´s users, ensures both availability and decent prices for any card, etc.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion