The Worst Card in the Game

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: The Worst Card in the Game

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Nereis is actually pretty good, I've seen her used effectively in files before. The odds of her ability backfiring should be incredibly slim, the conditional for the + range requires your opponent to have more units than you, and the ability let's you choose who to return (for only 1 sp I might add). And once you have 10 grims + played, lowering it by 3 doesn't really affect your units' damage output all that much (With 7 grims played, most of the other units are dealing 70 damage or so). She also has a nice pinpoint ability that's not dependent on range, so even if your opponent doesn't have more units than you she can still attack. Not to mention all the possible combo possibilities she has. Her SS is also pretty good.

Also LOL at the adult Nereis. Seems the alteil character trend even affected her XD

Scientiafide

Postby turnerbowl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:48 pm

I just got this card the other day and shocked to find out its from the new set. SWEET DREAMS lvl 1 falkow grim open skill All friendly units are engaged and can't be hit by Attack actions for this turn. You get SP + 1. I have no unit card in my current file that use Attack actions because of stupid skill like this.
turnerbowl

Postby angelspawns » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I think people are going to LOL when they see this buff. Just sayin.

This is probably the most likely scenario. And the reason for that is the following list: http://www.alteil.com/index.php/card-errata
Do notice the appearance of these previously buffed "Worst Card in the Game":
- Cutter of the Cord
- Abel
- Assassin
- EX: Dance Macabre / Lelein
- Lion Baron / zagar
- Dragonrider / Wasseir
- Girl Spectre
- Orthos
- Ernst
- Resource
- Behemoth

I advice you to browse the complete list for yourselves. There are many more on there to mention, and they still haven't updated the list with the wonderful errata featuring AntSwarm, ArmedCitizens, MD Mini, LeiSei, Lappiere and the like. From all of the buffed cards it's likely you only see DanDan in the Arena. (please DO correct me!)

I didn't post this to annoy the Staff. I post this because of the huge letdown i experienced during the promised "refess buff & ExLap nerf" errata. Dispite certain expectations this isn't/hasn't been an event to look forward to. Buffs never been their strongpoint, even accomplishing cards to be LESS played and useful.
Don't get your hopes up. Don't expect any of these to see more daylight and you'll be fine.
angelspawns

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:47 pm

GOSCAR wrote:How about Folrart Shield Knight then?

Sure decent staller but no skills and sub par stats.

subpar stats / no skill / level 2 ...

if at least it was level 1 you could use it without skills as a decent open :D
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm

refess getting a narf stick
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 pm

I've trolled a bkr player with resource once before but oh man its super expensive on sp, combos good with that lvl 1 refess girl that suicides just to revive a friendly unit. 3 sp in one turn plus other 1 sp for reviving man oh man is expensive. But he ate a couple of 140 damage strikes because dilate can go get bent.
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 am

turnerbowl wrote:I just got this card the other day and shocked to find out its from the new set. SWEET DREAMS lvl 1 falkow grim open skill All friendly units are engaged and can't be hit by Attack actions for this turn. You get SP + 1. I have no unit card in my current file that use Attack actions because of stupid skill like this.

I don't think you quite understand the purpose of that card
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:03 pm

gadu wrote:While I think that a unit without a skill is like a unit without a soul, Volcano Giant at least has Giant Crab stats, so he's not that bad.

Sortie is pretty bad, but not bad enough.

Ibert got several mentions, but he can't be hit by attack so that means you don't even have to use Ex Mermaid on him. :roll:

Gospel, I think she is a good contender for worst card.

Romdeau wrote:Wat. When did I ever tell you that raise shield is gonna be buffed?

Romdeau wrote:Gadu,

Sorry about secretly nerfing Lost One. To make up for it, we'll have a worst card contest and I'll buff the worst card in the next errata.

P.S. I love you Gadu. :oops:

Rom, how can you forget something like that, especially the last part? :D

Looks like his love isn't very sincere. He was only using you!
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Rougefox » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Romdeau wrote:inb4 Folrart Shield Knight buff

I think people are going to LOL when they see this buff. Just sayin.

Shield Lv1 Auto anyone? :lol:
Rougefox

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 am

Nope slash or charge is my guess.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion