The next errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: The next errata

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Ex gafc doesn't set so to 0 but reduce how much do you get. Big difference as one shortens what you get and what you suggested subtracts sp after you get sp.

Either way if the balancing team is having trouble finding a proper nerf for etoile (cause they are an endless source of ingenuity and creativity) why not just have her lock grims for 3-4 turns. Behold combo becomes less spam able.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby worthing » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Alright another update as promised. This time I will mention 3 cards we are currently planning to rework from the ground up. Remember that the current ideas we are working on that I mention below could change due to impracticality or OPness.

Envoy of Chaos / Elgandi (1st elgandi)- We like the uniqueness of Elgandi but it was never practical so we are currently looking into making him a reliable unit that has more field pressure and less or no file pressure at all (locking etc). We plan to keep him rather unique with his new abilities though.

Child of Chaos / Annarose- We didn't like her previous version since it never accomplished too much and sometimes she felt like a detriment to many players. We looked at her lore and decided that being a unit that disrupts other characters in a balanced manner since she will also disrupt herself, and we don't want her to remove, send to cemetery, return, or engage the enemy. We are also working on a fallback plan if your opponent doesn't seem to be a fan of characters so she isn't useless in some match ups.

Heierrat Assassin- Has as many skills as cath, with 4 times as much text. We don't think a 1* card should be this complicated and situational ever. He seems to be all over the place and do a little bit of everything but it is hard to make use of all the skills. Our plan is to make him compatible with other assassins so gowen/lawtia assassins are more viable.

http://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/cardD ... hp?id=1677 < much text
worthing

Postby Callonia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:03 am

I've ran into heierrat assassin on field. Its lethal against slow to set up files. Just because of envenomed blade/second dose, and saw it combo'd with a grim that inflicts poison on units as well i think..

That's if Heierrat assassin have halfway decent field set up though. Basically if you can sneak him onto the field unopposed, he will wreak havoc.

TThat assassin has nice 50 hp. Don't kid yourself, i've seen that assassin use every single ability that it got in a single battle before. And conditionals? Only conditional I see is that open phase requires at least 1 sp and targets a unit with minimum of 60 hp which also murders a friendly unit plus requires the caster to have 4 in lawtia. Heierrat assassin is lvl 3. Easy to raise the sphere by 1.

Compared to Sergis, Zagar's requirement that there be 3 lp left for their counter skills to start activating.. heierrat assassin's open is friendly. ;)

Unless it's Errata team's intention is to turn heierrat assassin into another one man army hero?

About Elgandi, faced him once and I remember my ridrea or rubens killing him. I think Elgandi is funny plus he isn't an I win card which is likely why he doesn't see much play. Its kinda a coinflip on whether you will win or not due to four random cards staying unlocked every turn. And only way people feel like they are progressing in alteil is a 5* card once every ten levels which is also why he doesn't see play either. Cuz he's more of for fun card I guess. And that's not all, he's an five star dualsphere card, they're more harder to get than monosphere 5*s.

As for child of chaos, eh, I think I faced her while she was in an file destruction deck with chaos absorption grim spam. Was brutal. I see file destruction from time to time, they're just probably not fun to play for most ppls cuz they just target the file directly and lacks punching in faces on field for the audience who wants to be entertained.
Callonia

Postby worthing » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:47 am

The main problem is all the text and he is going for 3 different things really. Not all of those thing can mesh well together thus they can go to waste usually. I find him situation/conditional in the sense that 3 of his skills have 1 or more key conditions that need to be met.

The 2nd action skill requires a poisoned unit (pretty easy for poison files, not very useful outside of them but has a slow 2 turn combo for 2sp that can kill giant tanks).

The open skill requires 4 in your lawtia sphere, which is a bit random. It also requires you have 1 loose sp (4 in total for the cost of playing him which can be hard to do at times and even harder for level 3-4 files). The final condition is pretty easy to meet but sometimes makes you not want to use the skill since you don't want to kill any of your own units.

The start skill seems a bit random but can be nice, it also has a condition.

The option to just make the card less conditional or remove 1 skill seems like a great idea, but it is quite a lazy fix. We have 3 key posion cards coming next set that won't make use of him usually since they are falkow, lawtia, and the other lawtia/falkow. They all seem to do the job better than him as well when combined. We fear this will make his poison kit less used since Triple sphering can be hard to manage with those units. Mercenary nation seems to work better mono sphere or with an early gaissoul so he is kinda hard to use with many MN units to get the full effect of his start skill. This guy really looks like a cold blooded killer to boot. Nothing but a merciless assassin. So why not make him assassin compatible?

With the release of Easter Assassin it seems like a good idea to tinker with the idea of dual sphere assassin, not to mention that death calling and breath of the dead would combo with his poison ability too. Making him a bit less conditional and more assassiny based seems like a good direction to go....and less text. Although remember none of what I say is final, its just what we are currently working on and debating.

TL;DR: Read my description in the previous post on Heierrat assassin
worthing

Postby Callonia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:46 am

is Ex brahma really that nasty? From what I see, she basically an ex lapierre with out the atk/def buffs but with the heal on attack xD

I ran into a deck that fielded three of her once, and they died to my shrine knights got basically field wiped by turn 9.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 am

Ex brahma...is EX: Riza...that's basically immortal...and with healing.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby sunbunman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 am

Jazzock wrote:Ex brahma...is EX: Riza...that's basically immortal...and with healing.

Pretty much this, imagine if EX: Riza was a lycan and not a character so you can avoid tagetted removal by simply double playing.

Hell, EX: Brahma would be still be borderline op as a character....
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Callonia » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 am

Now that you two made me take a closer look at the replay.... I see what you guys mean, 75 hp tank with 20 def and regenerating to full for 1 sp every morning with possible 60 hp heal every turn on auto. Despite that, it manages to have the classical weaknesses from what I've seen in solar kingdom xD

A single return = file rekt. So I think wizard kingdom will just wave the ex brahma away just fine. Or any of the removal ss....
Suffers from old syndrome of super buff the folrart guardian then hide everything else behind it and hope she don't die only for her to die.

I'm guessing Merc nation and Zombies might have trouble with it. Something that gives zombies some trouble is nice.

I'm still not sure that ex brahma is overpowered though. Is there that a good morning lycan file that's op like Night lycans now that uses ex brahma?

The replay so that you guys will see what I mean.
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 5f7a4619b4
Callonia

Postby Ropey » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I used to play an EM file and can't see the problem. SP drain, removal and engage all hurt. So maybe there are files other than EM that can make more use of EX: Brahma ?

Good to see that certain things are being addressed, but I hope the players that abused things like the cait sith soul for a cheap win have not spoiled it for the rest of us when it comes to designing large Refess files. The cards that will change will effect Legacy too?

Most of the op I have suffered against, but not used. So it gives me a little gratification that some of my defeats were against those players that will stoop to such measures and do anything just to win even against our newest members, Your star means nothing to me when it's won so cheaply against inferior opponents.

I too want a Verlaat nerf, but he has had one and he is the Refess poster boy. Some of the cards will have to remain a little op or where will the incentive be?

Flying pest should have been sorted long ago. Certain files I will not consider as she ruins orks and dragon riders. A card that limits file options should be ruled out.
Overused even in situations that provide no real advantage. It is sickening to see this card used so much and in a way that smacks of addiction.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby worthing » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:43 pm

We have 11 cards left to errata. We have finished 18 cards. Here are the changes to them. I will be updating this as we finish cards on the first post of the thread and will make different posts each time a card is finalized.

;a41

Knight of Frailty / Etoile-More consistent skill the doesn't combo with Game Over: Removed close skill. Added counter skill: All friendly [solar kingdom] units that are 0hp or lower are healed by 30hp. Does not give 1sp.

Star dragon: HP reduced from 120 to 110. ATK reduced from 50 to 40

Legendary Kirin: Removed the heal from his counter skill.

lycanthrope angel-Now has wings!: Ranged increased from 1 to 2. His action skill is now pinpoint (Do damage to target enemy unit in range). Morning time is not required for this skill.

Brothers in arms-More brotherly, less dragon kinly: 2nd open skill now returns a card of level 6 or lower from your cemetery to your file instead of any unit.

;a40

samurai lady: No longer gains 10hp on rank up.

Song for a Hero-Death knight shouldn't be so heroic: Open skill now gives +30 max hp and heals 50hp.

Revolver King / Shelby: Ace shooting now does gowen level x10. Drains 1 gowen sphere level still.

;a38

Storm Wizardess: Open skill now engages 2 random characters.

Mermaid Princess / Emana: Start skill now gives attack immunity to friendly mermaids in areas 1-2-3 instead of all friendly mermaids.

Balzelda-Command dolls: Soul SKill now buffs units of level 3 or lower.

Flying Sorcerer of Regus-Less splashable: The open skill now requires your falkow level to be 3 or higher

Brood wyvern: He can no longer select himself as a unit to return, but can target a friendly brood wyvern. The action also engages a random enemy unit.

Regus Combat Sorcerer: Agi reduced from 3 to 2

Elite Mage Soldier: Auto skill no longer gives +5df

Pirate Princess / Purple Reia: Start skill is now an auto skill

Plundering girl pirate: Agi reduced from 3 to 2

;zagar
faire blessing-You can never have enough wisp: The open skill now returns a random unit of level 6 or lower from your cemetery to your file instead of a unit of level 2 or higher.
worthing

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion