completely unexpected outcomes

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

completely unexpected outcomes

Postby jasta85 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:00 am

well, i was on a roll today, had a 5 win streak and was raising the limit of my RP. then i had a match against a level 1 with something like 1480/1500 ranking and a lawatia starter. i gave him some general tips and suggestions as we started and about halfway through the game i was already in trouble. the deck i was using was a lawatia drain deck that makes use of 2 assassin SS and lots of low level creatures, the problem was that every single one of his soul powers were 30 damage row or column cards. i didnt realize it but this was the absolute worst matchup for me. i had 3 succubi out which meant when they all died (them and my fenrir and magic doll) thanks to 2 of his row damaging ss going off it meant my SS (including my 2 assassins) both went off, making my sacrifice the last 2 cards i had left on the field. so by the next turn we both had cleared fields and he had something like 7 SP while i only had 2, not to mention i had lost pretty much all my SS. after that he was able to wear my down by attrition.

he was definitly not an experienced player as he did make several newbie mistakes however it was a complete shock that i lost to a new player who was just using a starter deck. it was just a bunch of random circumstances (him having row clearing SS's while i have multiples of the same card out and lots of low level creatures). It also was a little humbling. i've played against many of the top ranking players and even managed to pull off a win or two against them, yet i can still lose to a brand new player. the match was even a treasure match so he got a little extra bonus on top of beating me, i'm happy for him, will probably encourage him to stick around.

anyway, i just thought i would put this out there. i'm not even mad or anything, just really really suprised. anything like this happened to anyone, where a completely unexpected outcome occurs in a match that seems a sure thing?
jasta85

Re: completely unexpected outcomes

Postby Porky » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:17 am

lol, why is it surprising=0
Its only surprising if you under-estimate people, I too have suffered from this, losing to someone around 1400rp.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Grain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:57 am

My opponent only had 2 LP left, I had 4, and we both had a sphere level of 9.

I had both Dical and the Lawtia emperor on the field and had closed my opponent two Gowen dragons.

I think I'm about to win, but then, my opponent played 2 Fire Tornadoes, 3 Fire Arrows, and a Gowen emperor.

:!:
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:00 pm

That only shows how little RP and level say about the iczer.

@grain that means he had a lot of SP ...
mix up some SP draining stuff in your deck, if you have any check if you actually have enouhg SP drainers and maybe try to time them better and SP draining SS wont hurt if you actually need them ;a31 ;a33 ;a30
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby neonsun » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:36 am

lol
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Return to Alteil General Discussion