fall of gowen?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

fall of gowen?

Postby jasta85 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:08 pm

i've noticed that there are much fewer gowen rush decks being played, at least out of the matches i've had recently. i've seen several more big blue falkow decks (emperor plus renally), about the same amount of refuss decks usually using coatl/holy dragon and a pretty big increase in lawatia decks (something that hurts me as i also play lawatia so whenever i bring out night time i usually end up benefiting the other side as well).

however, in the maybe 10 games i've played today i think only 1 or 2 of them were gowen. and i dont remember too many in the past week either. roughly 2/3 of the games i played used to be against gowen but i think with more people getting set 2 cards the numbers are changing. anyone else noticed this?
jasta85

Re: fall of gowen?

Postby Grain » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 pm

jasta85 wrote: anyone else noticed this?

Nope.
Grain

Postby Porky » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Gowen Rush can't beat big decks, so if big decks increase in frequency gowen rush should drop. It also fluctuates, there was a day last week where every game i played was against gowen, and some days its all lawtia, might just be chance.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:53 am

I also found this to be the case this past week, only about 20% (1 in 5) of my games were against gowen, 50% were Falkow, 25% were Lawtia, and maybe 5% were Refess (I believe ran into a total for 2 refess players for the entire week). In the old days it was 45% gowen, 25% Falkow, 25% Lawtia, and 5% Refess.

(note: these figures are not based on hard data but my memory thus percentages are only rough estimates)

Big decks are tough for gowen in general, but big blue is nigh impossible for them to beat (atleast if the big blue deck is played well). The rise in the frequency of big blue has definitely lowered the number of gowen players who keep coming back for more. Are they gone, not at all, their still their, and still FAR more common (atleast in my experience) then refess, but right now it seems the popular decks are lawtia or falkow, and very few of the popular builds are gowen friendly.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:45 am

How can you get serious statistics out of an arena with only 10 diffrent players each time you enter it?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby darklogos » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 am

Big blue is on the rise over all. I'm seeing it pop up more and more. At first it was just a handful of decks maybe about 4-5 player total who could pull off the combo. Now i'm seeing it more and more. I've also seen minor varients of such as ghetto big blue (renally/water dragon) and even leygre with some other big falkow monsters. Gowen has no sp drain which slows down those decks. Not only that in most cases they haven't had the oppurtunity to trigger roughrest soul so they all get returned at some point. So yeah gowen will be on the decline until 4-5 assasin reapears. When multiple assasins apear big deck go down greatly.
darklogos

Postby ManiacalSoul » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 am

DanTheTimid wrote:I also found this to be the case this past week, only about 20% (1 in 5) of my games were against gowen, 50% were Falkow, 25% were Lawtia, and maybe 5% were Refess (I believe ran into a total for 2 refess players for the entire week). In the old days it was 45% gowen, 25% Falkow, 25% Lawtia, and 5% Refess.

I think that might be more to do with many of the most active players in the game being Falkow. I have seen it for the last couple of weeks tho. It does seem like gowen is on the decline, being replaced mostly by lawtia and some falkow. For me lawt seems to be the majority right now, with falk slightly ahead of gowen for 2nd.
ManiacalSoul

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11 pm

I really don't see under representation of any sphere (except Refess), but as MS said I think this perception is only occuring because the most active players in Folart right now are Big Blue-just look at the ridiculous numbers they're putting up on top 5 points per week! Seriously, I'd only be able to put up numbers like those only if my life depended on it.
Romdeau

Return to Alteil General Discussion