Recruitment: Project Alteil FE

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Recruitment: Project Alteil FE

Postby GuilleumeFG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

lol man u made a hack on FE u tha best!!! i love FE ive played all of them and the hacks please tell me when u finish it give me the file i want to play this!! If i can be of any help please tell me i have some experience with rmvx and 2k never used the xp but it may not be that difficult to get used to.
Last edited by GuilleumeFG on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AqvasFire2 wrote: poke yourself in the eye and do some special move!
GuilleumeFG

Postby Teru » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

ChiYoung wrote:After I quit LoL, I have a big empty hole in my life.

Count me in.

Sure, what can you do?

We're currently using Google Docs, btw, as a place to deposit our ideas and files. If you guys are interested in joining the project, I can send you the link.
Teru

Postby wakka9ca » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Sure, that's why I asked for opensource or SVN or some type of filesharing so I can first learn how the engine works and everything.

However, until the end of February, I will be busy because I just got a notice to to fly to Redmond MS HQ... like got an email just 2 hours ago. That means I probably have an interview to prepare for... and hopefully I can showoff my thesis proposal there too. But after mid-february it should be fine. I might look at your code for some programming practice though... gonna sharpen my skills to make sure I don't like a fool in their HQ.
wakka9ca

Postby Ethikx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:36 am

I could help with character and level design (concept, not the actual coding). I just finished a 5 month art seminar, so this seems like a good place to put my creativity. You said you are raising level and stat caps, and altered the combat system, so I could help work alteil characters into the system. I do not have a lot of programming experience, so I would only get in the way at that end of the project. Lastly I could help with the story and editing, though I would need to do more research on Alteil History.
Ethikx

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:50 am

I could definitely help out with story writing. Love the alteil story but was annoyed by the lack of structure. It would be great to give it more depth. I already gave it some thought, Dilate would be the most logical choice if you are going to follow a single hero most of the time has traditional FE does.

It could start with him fending off some of annarose's lackey's as he tries to protect the girl, when he wakes up in mercenary nation when he is contracted to go stop pirates from plundering small town, (led by pirate girl who of course would say to Dilate "Stand aside i'm just here for the booty". When Dilate runs her through he finds that there was a mysterious visitor in the village who warns him of the coming war of the sun and moon and the role he will play...

Yeah this could be fun!! :D
monkeysmiles11

Postby Nehless » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:56 am

you need to add the legendary mavel to the game. I support this project but I am not sure how I can help! lol
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby winfrith279 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:03 am

Looks good. Having the main character wake up in a cave, steal a gun from a sleeping hermit and defeat evil should be a good start.
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby Teru » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:13 pm

So far, in terms of people who want to help, we have:
wakka9ca (coder)
fargone (writer/editor)
Ethikx (CG/concept illustrator)
monkeysmiles (story director/writer)

People who want to help in general:
ChiYoung
GuilleumeFG
Nehless?

This is our current team, btw:
Teru (coder et. al.)
Shirozaki (spriter)
ghin (spriter)
2xDouble30 (intern, MIA)

Am I missing anyone?
Teru

Postby Halcyon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Teru wrote:

How can you quit lol? That game is crack, it helped me quit Wow...

Anyway, I'd like to offer my help in the writing/plot department. I can send some short stories to you if you like; so you can get an idea of my style. That way you can see if I'm what you're looking for.

I've actually had a few alteil side stories running around in my head for a while, so this sounds perfect.
Alt for Mugen
Halcyon

Postby Ethikx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Teru wrote:

How can you quit lol? That game is crack, it helped me quit Wow...

You stop playing LoL when after getting to level 30 and raising your elo with the expectation that it will get better, and it doesn't get better.
In terms of storyline, will it follow a specific character, be nonspecific/ use who you want, or will it be like Rekka no Ken and have multiple story lines that merge?
Ethikx

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion