In case of Alteil closing, what are some good substitutions

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: In case of Alteil closing, what are some good substituti

Postby ErnnLaties » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Recently I just joined Shadow Era, and it is addicting as Hell lol

http://www.shadowera.com/

The art style is closer to magic the gathering, and you can play it on a computer or IPAD! the iPad really is the frosting on the cake... looks a lot better than internet version. they just released physical cards so seems like they're going to stay afloat for a while, and if you so choose to get the physical cards, you get the equivalent amount of digital currency reimbursed you to buy digital cards with.

it's interesting cuz you choose a hero to build files around, and it follows typical rpg classes like mage, warrior, priest, rogue... or you can be a bad guy.

the best part is their merchant system where you can buy any card in the game with saved up game currency -> you get about 20 to 40 gold per NPC duel, and the rarest cards only cost 700 gold or so. You can prolly get a complete playset of their cards with 40 dollars.

a new expansion is coming out at the end o summer too!

Until they let us know what's going on with Alteil, I'm going to play this for a while and stay away from here lol
ErnnLaties

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:34 pm

looks awesome errns, but i dont like the download to play, i rather just find a browser based game. but still very cool looking
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby ErnnLaties » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:02 am

you don't have to download it, you just click play now in the upper right. you might need to download the media player tho

I like the little effects they do with zooming in and out of the cards every turn. But can do with more sound effects lol
ErnnLaties

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 am

idol wrote:I'm actually playing cabals rite now, notthing close to Alteil but acceptable as a temp. resort

I played it and somehow i feel like battle of immortals is far better. I don't like either any longer.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby idol » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 am

Something I like about Alteil is that you don't draw random cards from your file/deck.
And it seems not a common mechanism out there.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby Lotus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I've tried and tested quite a fair number of other browser based card games and here is what I think.

If you're looking for a game with a similar art style and don't mind a game with only female characters then Sword Girls might just be the next game for you. My initial impression of the game was that the tactical decisions you made lacked depth and that the game was for the most part a game of luck. Although I wasn't entirely wrong and the element of luck is certainly stronger than in Alteil the game does contain a good amount of strategy after you gain a better understanding of what causes each deck to win or lose. What really turned me away however was bad cost for content and an incredibly high amount of grind required for a free player to be able to move away from "starter deck" like strategies.

I haven't touched Urban Rivals for about 5 or so years however I do recall that the game had an active community and tournament system.

Similarly it's been quite a while since I've last played Shadow Era. The gameplay is decent as the game is essentially a browser based clone of the WoW trading card game. My main concern with Shadow Era however is the slow/non-existent rollout of content. It's been nearly a year and a half since the initial release of the game and from what I can tell not a single new card has been added. This to me is a huge disappointment.

I don't believe it's been mentioned thus far however Eredan iTCG is a game that some of you may enjoy. The aesthetics are more cartoony and the loading times aren't ideal but it has an active community, a fair level of strategy, a marketplace, a trophy/achievement system and a good stream of new cards being added (roughly 7 or so new cards per week).
Lotus

Postby asxlen64 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 am

ErnnLaties wrote:you don't have to download it, you just click play now in the upper right. you might need to download the media player tho

I like the little effects they do with zooming in and out of the cards every turn. But can do with more sound effects lol

*edit scratch that, i cant download the media player.

idol wrote:Something I like about Alteil is that you don't draw random cards from your file/deck.
And it seems not a common mechanism out there.

I only know 3 games that have this mechanism, alteil, gash/zatch bell tcg, and another game i forgot its name.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion