In case of Alteil closing, what are some good substitutions

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: In case of Alteil closing, what are some good substituti

Postby kawaiido » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:11 am

GOSCAR wrote:1. Sword girl is a crap game. I am disturb anyone would recommend a game where you don't even have to understand what is going on and be able to win.
2. Your prediction is wrong still. If you read the forums or visit chat you would know that.
3. I can't believe you are recommending crap girl.

A **** to the end I see. Can't even come at me in a civil manner. And for the record its a lot better than Urban Rivals.

EDIT: I took the reply out of context. I don't really appear in chat these days and if there's more to it then that then why haven't other announcements been made?
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:17 am

Solitaire is a better game than UR and CG. Has more depth too.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby kawaiido » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:21 am

GOSCAR wrote:Solitaire is a better game than UR and CG. Has more depth too.

Sorry I took the reply out of context. I don't really appear in chat these days and if there's more to it then that then why haven't other announcements been made?

Also, why so bent I recommended that game? I mean really, we're adults here and you're griefing over a game preference. All I know is that Sword Girls thus far has been kinder to me than Alteil has been. For one thing I don't have to worry about getting ROFLstomped by money decks unless I'm in the same bracket or competing in the ladder.
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:16 am

Somethings can't always be said out loud. Also I just hate when people recommend things like tyrant and warstorm (both games I played). They are just for time killing no way something valuable of being recommended.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby rsvlito » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 am

I play UR since I can play it on my iphone. It's been a while since I last played. I do agree the game can get boring very fast and its too easy to win.
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

Postby kawaiido » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:02 am

GOSCAR wrote:Somethings can't always be said out loud. Also I just hate when people recommend things like tyrant and warstorm (both games I played). They are just for time killing no way something valuable of being recommended.

Never had the (dis)honor of playing Warstorm but I can agree with Tyrant. Tried it for a week. got annoyed by the energy system and other mechanics of the game, so I left. If you want something else I would recommend Carte, but good luck finding someone who doesn't already have a pimped out deck to beat you with. It's like Magic the Gathering meets World of Warcraft TCG meets Yu-GiOh.
kawaiido

Postby by77777 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 am

hexagram wrote:elements the game is a good option which fills most of the criteria

Alteil japan may also be a good option if they do not close anytime soon.

League of legends seems good but requires a download. Also many other games out there.

There are many more games out there

Signs were all there - Gamepot has a reputation for have short - life games and alteil was a static/ dying game to begin with.

I expected alteil usa to close down sooner than later. Bit surprised so soon but it was inevitable. Had some fun though

How do people feel - A waste of time, and money and since time is money. Especially really high level people with lots of cards.
I managed to get many prebuilts for 500 gran which was good fun playing.

May be a blessing in disguise. Stops people 'wasting' more time / money on this game. Myself and many other players come into mind especially those consistently getting on weekly ranking.

Feel sorry for taiwan players - they came here after taiwan closed down. Now us closing down. Only other option Japan alteil unless you play another game. Better to just stop and substitute it with something better.

YES,We are sad.
Two years ago,Taiwan closed down,I have been go to JP ALTEIL in 2009 October but I not like there,even want to give up this game,
because I think go to JP is same with go to US , BUT this is wrong!!!

In 2010 February,I'm try to play US ALTEIL , I find US ALTEIL is cordial so I not reject,so I join US and invite many many people...

Yesterday,I heard this news,I very sad, and not consider to go to play JP ALTEIL,I like US ALTEIL,Otherwise I will go to JP ALTEIL two years ago
by77777

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:53 pm

I agree sword girls is crap, it's still more enjoyable.

Alteil jp is the only real substitute. :/
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Gota » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:10 pm

PTCGO is in the process of overhauling their entire backend and projected that the upgrade will be done by the end of summer. With the upgrades they are hoping that they will be able to iron out all their bugs fairly quickly and get the game out of beta. That game has trading and since the pokemon scene is about to get a format change, they are also going to let players play both modified and unlimited formats in the future. Might be good to check that out once summer is over, they do not have a multi-player up yet because they decided to take down the old one while they are upgrading so no point in checking them out right now unless you like playing against AI or if you want to do some kind of trading.

I'm taking a temporary break there at the moment and is currently playing both clash of the dragons and kingdoms on kongregate, although both are energy type restricting card games they do offer pretty nice progression for free players as long as you keep logging in and play. Both games got pretty nice gameplay.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:31 am

Cool, I just tried PTCG and I liked it, definitely going to give it a shot after it's out of beta.

It's not 100%, but I liked what I saw. Gonna be excited once full decks customization comes out (only played with Grass so far). Thanks for the notice,
shadowsketch

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion