Question about the end

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Question about the end

Postby Illyasviel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:54 am

Figures, I finally get my forum login to work only now...

Anyways, didn't see a thread about this, so here goes. With Alteil closing it's metaphorical doors, what happens to this site? Will the forum stay up, the card info, anything like that? If the answer is no, is there any good way anyone can recommend to hang onto the card art for memories' sake? (Really not crazy about trying to save each and every individual card's art in the little time remaining...)

I already tried to grab that card viewer thing, but my computer can't unzip files, and doesn't have an internet connection. (On the library's comp right now, which can't handle the game itself at all...)

So, anyone have a solution?

And just to make sure. Was it just Alteil US being shut down, or all Alteils? If nothing else, I could try tracking down the card art on Alteil Japan, possibly?

[And if anyone is interested in me trying to continue my fanfic Machinations by Moonlight, let me know. I'll try to find somewhere else to post it and then try to get my muse active again!!!]
Illyasviel

Re: Question about the end

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 am

For more info visit the chat.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby asxlen64 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Jp has more art available whenever you want, they even have big art of several images. if you want a list. visit alteil.jp they will show you links, if you can navigate through japanese. If not i can supply you with my bookmarks.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Illyasviel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Um, Shirozaki? Wouldn't my comment of 'the library doesn't handle the game at all' kind of eliminate the in-game chat as an option? I can't get onto the game engine at all, the pop-up itself is even blocked. The few times I got it to allow it, the window wouldn't even let me adjust it to fit the screen, let alone clicking anything.

Asxlen, I take that to mean Alteil.jp isn't going anywhere, so their card art will still be around? (And there's no cards that we had gotten that they don't have, like the April Fool's, or anything, right?)
Illyasviel

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Pardon, I have read that, but that is about as specific as we can get on here.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Alteil isn't really closing, just changing ownership.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Loneknight has all the cards archived. It's one of the stickies.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:45 am

Ilyavasiel, I suggest buying a cheap laptop from your own library and getting your own internet connection because **** the university.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 am

Ya srsly **** the university, always when you vote for them to get new PCs for everyone to use, they get some junk and their servers blow ****, but good i didnt rely for long on it. XD
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Yes, there's more to come... once the game is canceled, the rights revert back to the original owners on August 1st. PM me with any questions if you can't get to the chat. On the 23rd, I should be able to keep the forum up, but there might be a problem with the alteil.gamepotusa.com address, because well, there's that 'gamepot' in there. www.alteil.com might work, otherwise I'll announce something near the end or you'll have to google to find us again.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion