balance between free players and paying players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

balance between free players and paying players

Postby AquasFire2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 pm

I think there is definitely a balance issue in the game that needs to be addresssed. There are free players emerging, who through serious grinding have been able to get to the top of the 'points for the week' and so get more free gran than paying players. This suggests 2 concerns for me:

1) The game must not be balanced because in spite of the ultimate power of my money, free players are getting more point than me per week. This means the cards balance is all out of whack. Surely, after all of my spending my cards should be able to simply defeat all comers without me even trying?

2) As a paying player, I find it hard to accept the free players (with their obviously imbalanced decks) are getting more free gran than me. I think we should cap the amount of free gran non-paying players can receive. Seeing as how we live in a capitilist society, I feel this would give a much fairer free player v's paying player playing field.

thanks for reading :)
AquasFire2

Re: balance between free players and paying players

Postby Khiruki » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:00 am

Words cannot succinctly enough express the disdain I feel.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby 2xDouble30 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:49 am

I have my suspicions. The lack of something. :P
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby NitroDino » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:42 am

trolololololol...
NitroDino

Postby sunbunman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 am

facepalmed so hard that I might just have cracked my skull...
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Callonia » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 am

Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 am

Someone spank her!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby justtmpuser » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 am

Nononono, you got it all backwards. Look at forum logo: "Alteil: The Free Online Card Dueling Game!". Since it's free game, every free player should always be able to defeat paying player and shielded cards should be the most powerful in existence.

Also, your post lacks something.
justtmpuser

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:16 am

Well Aquas,

Time is money. If Blacksun or Deng or Prinz etc want to grind all day then who are we to say no? I pay to play. I paid a lot. It wasn't the free players that brought the game down but the overall prohibitive cost for us paying players without whom the game could never have lasted 3 months let alone 3 years.

There needs to be an economic model that supports both free and paying players ( as this increases the player base tenfold according to some free to play games research I read). It is a delivate balance, they cannot make it too easy to obtain all the gran and cards while playing free because then where would be the incentive to pay? They also need to provide enough incentive to free players to play the game. Ultimately, it was this, and in my opinion unbalanced cards remaining for too long coupled with an extremely slow release of cards, that caused Alteil to go under.

I still feel that treasure battles should reward both participants and not just the winner though. The game needs to put its fundamentals into providing a fun explerience win or lose rather than winner take all mnetality that exists in the game today and everyday since it's inception. Even if you lose it should be fun. No one enjoys 1 sided matches. If you do then I suggest you go play boardgames versus kindergardeners.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby shynnb » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 am

AquasFire2 wrote:Surely, after all of my spending my cards should be able to simply defeat all comers without me even trying?

can you guys understand she is just trying to troll.. and TS pls make it extremely obvious rather than just obvious
shynnb

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion