balance between free players and paying players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: balance between free players and paying players

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm

No, I've addressed this before. My decision to pay rests in what I perceive to be the gained value by paying. In addition, what I perceive to be money lost (ie repeats recycle) by paying which fargone addressed by telling the alteil guys to figure out a system in which some initial investment can be upgraded withou losing any money as if the player paid for the upgrade. A way to fix that is to lower the costs of cards, which is entirely valid and necessary. Another way is to increase the amount gained by paying. Perhaps make a currency exclusivEly for paid players and then make sure that you actually get something from the promotions. I might sound a little bit bitter but that's because I've dropped hundreds into the game when I got better cards from free serials and free events and treasure battles. In many online games, you need to be quite a legendary player and play 24/7 in order to keep up with the players who drop 10 bucks a month and play for a little bit. That doesn't mean that the free players can't keep up, but that also doesn't mean a player who grinds for couple of hours and been in this game longer can get the same benefits as someone who drops 10 bucks in a day. That also doesnt mean someone who drops 1000 bucks can be better than a veteran player.If you want to do free events, make them like honeymoon zagar where a card is given away where ppl do not need to drop money or have possibly dropped money before to get it. Note I'm not trying to **** over the free players. I'm asking for more value for the money and possibly changing a system where as fargone pointed out, our investment can be lost by some introduction of a serial which gives away a card that we have previously paid for. It also doesn't help that the self proclaimed number one free player is an arrogant prick. That is all.
Icyman2

Postby skillll7 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 pm

^ This post reminds me of Urizen's posts.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4293

Aquas, if you intend to copy my posts word for word, I would prefer you seek my permission first.

While I appreciate your attempts at provoking the forums into more unhappy times, copying something I did so long ago from a time when it was actually relevant into today's forums as something new really isn't the best way to do it.

I will accept an apology here - thanks :)
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:51 am

AquasFire2 wrote:I think there is definitely a balance issue in the game that needs to be addresssed. There are free players emerging, who through serious grinding have been able to get to the top of the 'points for the week' and so get more free gran than paying players. This suggests 2 concerns for me:

1) The game must not be balanced because in spite of the ultimate power of my money, free players are getting more point than me per week. This means the cards balance is all out of whack. Surely, after all of my spending my cards should be able to simply defeat all comers without me even trying?

2) As a paying player, I find it hard to accept the free players (with their obviously imbalanced decks) are getting more free gran than me. I think we should cap the amount of free gran non-paying players can receive. Seeing as how we live in a capitilist society, I feel this would give a much fairer free player v's paying player playing field.

thanks for reading :)

I can sum this in one simple sentence, eh em. "ALTEIL DOESNT HAVE A DAMN BALANCE."
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 am

I'm really not happy she (aquas) cut and pasted my thread here. This was a joke, and it was targeted at DG back when he was arguing about free and paying players a long time ago. Those arguments created a divide in the community that has since healed. Let sleeping dogs lie, in my opinion.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

fargone

Postby AquasFire2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Sorry about not asking i just thought that it would be something funny to post in forums for the people who actually remember it XD.and technically it wasn't all copied and pasted i added thanks for reading XD.
AquasFire2

Postby Khiruki » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:37 pm

ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:07 pm

AquasFire2 wrote: technically it wasn't all copied and pasted i added thanks for reading XD.

I honestly don't believe adding "thanks for reading" at the end really qualifies as a change.

In future, if you wish to copy someone else's words verbatim, please remember to say that is what you are doing.
GonFreeces31 wrote:

fargone

Postby gadu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Are you planning on getting it published in the Alteil Peer Reviewed Journal?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:00 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is my intellectual propriety!
Don't dare to ever copy paste it without my permission anywhere.
It is my propriety.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion