So.... the game is dead.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So.... the game is dead.

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:12 am

I mean this is what happens when a company decides to scam their playerbase... Charging absurd prices for the smallest amount of game content.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I mean this is what happens when a company decides to scam their playerbase... Charging absurd prices for the smallest amount of game content.

:| nobody is forcing you to spend money to play this game gon, besides this is a business, they have to make money somehow to pay for the servers and other expenses. people spend on things to make them happy, doesnt always mean they get their moneysworth out of it.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:00 am

Then how are they supposed to make money if nobody is happy enough to spend? The game then just keeps closing down and you see repetitive gamepot-like failures!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

shynnb wrote:for me i think whats important is advertisement. advertise like how evony did (no i don't mean the girl in bikini, alteil art is awesome enough), which is on popular and relevant websites, reaching out to global gamers. And the game should be newbie-friendly and newbie-motivating (not just the freebies, but more rewards for grinding) my suggestion is to implement another newbie arena, max level 50 or 80, and in this arena there are more rewards for playing.

Also, make a VIDEO TUTORIAL that makes the game seems totally fun and explain the game in an interesting manner. put this video tutorial on the official webpage. oh and .. change the layout of the official website, more colorful more fantasy theme to it. i know easier said than done, just suggesting :)

other suggestion:
add a badges page in every player's profile. say you get a badge for being the top 5 player consecutively for 30 days (bronze), 60 days (silver) and 90 days (gold). then for spending a certain amount, you get the spender's badge. or maybe for reaching level 100/200/300 get badge as well. number of days joined also get loyalty badge.

I like the way you think :).

Peralisc9001 wrote:Then how are they supposed to make money if nobody is happy enough to spend? The game then just keeps closing down and you see repetitive gamepot-like failures!

Right. There are a few issues/opportunities here and you need to look at the big picture.

The problem, as one of my mentors put it, is the Starwars Galaxy problem. See, SWG didn't bring in a lot of players. A lot of people were turned off by certain aspects of the game, but at its heart it wasn't a bad game and SWG still had a small core audience of loyal fans. In order to bring in a larger audience, major changes were made to SWG. These changes ticked off the small group of loyal fans remaining, who ended up leaving in droves. On the flip side, new players did not flock in to see the changes because SWG already had an established reputation. What they did was essentially try and make SWG into a new game that was no longer SWG.

Alteil can learn from that mistake:

Despite its issues, Alteil at its heart is is a fun game with some issues that has a core group of loyal fans. Some of these issues , such as a new player experience, can be improved while others cannot be changed without creating significantly larger problems. So what do you do? Don't make Alteil into something it isn't, make a new game that keeps what works while changing what doesn't. Use the income from the Alteil to create something better, learning from the mistakes from the past. If there are graphical and UI improvements from the new game that can be ported over to Alteil classic, great - but don't make Alteil something that isn't Alteil anymore. Don't destroy the game while trying to fix it.

Talk to producers and c-level execs who made AAA titles for advice, but know who to listen to and who to ignore. Get a bunch of seasoned developers with a passion for gaming and a history of success to create the sequel. Get real support from software giants to make this happen like Microsoft and Google. Get the backing of an international law firm and mentorship from established entrepreneurs. Take on a staff who have an established reputation of not exploiting their fans, leveraging their contacts to make the squeal something wonderful.

And above all else, make sure you put your fans first.
MysteryMan

Postby kawaiido » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Sooo, MM, does this mean some complaints like too much cash for too little finally going to be addressed?
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Right, but it needs to be addressed in a way that isn't screwing over the loyal fans (ie, ppl who have gotten complete sets so far... asianapple, ernnlaties, etc.) The best way to do that I guess is starting with new sets, make them cheaper. Hell, even make a lotto for set 11 and above.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Problem is all the veterans were treated poorly and are probably bitter from how little they got for ridiculous amounts of money. I mean there is a reason why we repeatedly told new players never to spend money because they would regret it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AquasFire2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:45 pm

gon quit being so negative and bringing up past.Alteil is trying to moving forward
AquasFire2

Postby kawaiido » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:16 pm

AquasFire2 wrote:gon quit being so negative and bringing up past.Alteil is trying to moving forward

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby kirk22 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:25 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Problem is all the veterans were treated poorly and are probably bitter from how little they got for ridiculous amounts of money. I mean there is a reason why we repeatedly told new players never to spend money because they would regret it.

I never told new players not to spend. I told them how to spend.
ImageImage
kirk22

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion